aaa [ot] Should the US invade Iraq? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

Original Message                 Date: 11-Aug-02  @  12:49 PM   -   [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Pat Riot

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I think the USA should definitely invade Iraq at the
earliest possible opportunity. They threaten the US's
control of this vital oil producing region. If the US has no
access to this oil, the economy will crumble and people
will starve. let's keep the starving where they belong. In
the thrid world!

What's the point of being the world's greatest power if
you can't excercise that power in your own interests?
The whinging liberals can leave the country as far as I
am concerned. The US should use its military, political
and economic power to assure it's safe future. Any
other course of action is mere self delusion. Do you
think that another country with the same power as the
US would act any differently?

Anyone, like bin laden, or arafat, who dares to attack
the US or its interests must be first humiliated and then
destroyed. This may cause resentment in other nations,
but what the hell are they going to do about it? Invade
America?

Anyone who threatens the viability of US corporates
must be taught a lesson. The US controls the IMF, the
World Bank, etc etc. The US should NOT be afraid to
use this leverage to further its own ends.

The time has come for the world to realise that we are
not beholden to any organisation, legal body or treaty,
whether or not we signed it sometime in the past.

Times, as they say, change.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/168             11-Aug-02  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

damballah

Link?: Link

you shouldn't have to apologize for calling stupid people stupid.

Message 22/168             11-Aug-02  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

moonunit

when you take three cars to the moon and not a telescope, it kind of tells something.

keep america rolling... yeah. right, farside right.

Message 23/168             11-Aug-02  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

proximus

Soldiers of allah:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2234/2234406.html

THEY CAN'T STOP ISLAM!

Message 24/168             11-Aug-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

formant

Link?:  Link

i don't think its our decision exactly to decide whether to invade or not.

i didn't understand why they want to do it until i started reading up a bit on it.

pat seems to be using the absurd to illustrate reasons why we shouldn't do it.

k where are we 'about to default on all our loans' etc?

if thats the case the europeans should be scared to no end because we borrow more from you than the japanese.

jamey

Message 25/168             11-Aug-02  @  06:51 PM   -   No.

BJT

Link?:  No link

Pat Riot: good name.

Gee, you're not a bit right wing are you.

I think America should really think hard before making such an aggressive move toward another country. Historically the USA has been an aggresive country but this takes the cake.

It has been alleged that Saddum Hussien has been involved in funding the Al Queda movement, this does not make sense, Saddum hates fundamentals, he has shot many of them himself.

The real point of issue is that abrubt aggressive actions could trigger a war that will, regardless of how powerful you think America is, it will hurt America and its Allies and this will not be good for America in the coming decades.

As for fundamentalism...
You seem scared of these people, when infact they are honest, open, good 'god lovin folk' (as bush would put it).Fundamentalism is not really an islamic way, it came about from poverty and 'idle hands'. You admit yourself that a poor economy leads to social unrest, this is exactly how Al Queda came about - similar to how Germany's war payments (after WW1) lead to WW2.

So it is plausable that economic sanctions actually formed Al Queda.

After the September 11 attacks, french president Shaq Shiraq mentioned that America may have to review its foreign policies. Countless governments have pointed out that America is often meddling in affairs which they do not belong to, amazingly even the Chinese government has spoken out about this issue, with reference to the current handling of Afghanistan
- the Chinese government rarely speaks out about any issue, the Chinese government dislikes their middle-eastern neighbours because of their relation to herion rings and religion.

But surely you'e taking the piss!

'blood and iron' was a Nazist slogan, so obviously youre taking the piss, good to air these arguments tho'

Your taking the piss and your somebody else who hangs about this forum!

Message 26/168             11-Aug-02  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Brett

"Good stuff pat?" whatever. be sarcastic if you want. The guy is not a threat just to us. when he does build a nuclear weapon, we can let him use it on smart asses like you. it's funny how so many europeans make fun of us and say we are economical opressors. You know, Many corporations may be american, but the stock holders are from around the world. Americans as a country don't like it when dictators threaten others. we have and will always help out. Kuwait needed help. We, not nato, put together the coalition and the strategy behind it with the help of coarse of many countries. But It was because of this we had to back off when he agreed to withdraw, and why he is still in power. We are not asking the rest of the world to take part this time, and this time it's going to end the way we want it to, not the way liberalist and often overly idealistic Europeans choose for us.

Every time a country needs help they always come begging for the US aid, and we come in and finish it for them! It has been this way going back to WWI.

Did the British ask the world if it was ok to fight Argentina, no , you asked for our help and We supported Britain immediatly. Talk about opressive,how many countries around the world does/did Britian occupy. Even the afgahn problem goes back to it being a british colony. I seem to recall over 20,000 british being slaughtered by them. So we helped them fight the russians. There weapons are russian made and were purchased mostly with drug money from russia in last 10 years. the nothern aliance was using most of the old weapons from the Russian war. The tallaban had new hardware. We did how ever show them how to fight which is why they were and are so dangerous. There has never been an american empire, but there is a Bristish Empire still in existance and Britian is willing to go to war for those interests. This isn't about oil. Russia and alaska could keep us very happy motorists. this is about a dictator making it unsafe for us, funding terrorist that came here and killed our families, and we are going to change the way other countries think about double talk. smiling to our faces and feedding our enemies isn't going to fly anymore. We have a legal right to inspect his country. He signed a treaty and has violated it time and time again.

Message 27/168             11-Aug-02  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

BJT

It could be that the bush administration have relized that economic sanctions do not work because they starve the wrong people, and so believe 'more aggressive action is needed'.

Scary stuff anyway.

Anti American sentiment has grown amazingly, in europe, on the continent. The problem is the poor American backpackers cop it bigtime, its unfair because commonly these people agree that what is going on is wrong.

Message 28/168             11-Aug-02  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

BJT

Jeepers brett.

Message 29/168             11-Aug-02  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

BJT

Another point, I dont reckon I'm any better, I'm Australian. But Brett man, your arguments against Britian - Britian is pretty much 'unoffically' behind the US 100%.

It is a good point that the colonial countries have been the ones that have manipulated other countries historically.

Most countries don't like when dictators threaten others, generally. Most countries will more or less help out depending on their bias, no country 'have will and always will help out', why would they?

Message 30/168             11-Aug-02  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

realtrance

George,

I know you're on vacation, and I know you like to write parodies of your official public positions on music forums, but c'mon... can't you find anything better to do with your time?

You have a nice ranch in Texas. Use it, enjoy it, or I will come take it away from you.

As for US invading Iraq: I know you're looking for something spectacular to distract the world from the American Economic Meltdown, but this just ain't gonna do it.

Didn't work for your dad, got him fired, won't work for you, either.

Get a little creative, do something else a little more entertaining. This terrorist/axis of evil/homeland security bullshit is just tired old shtick at this point; you're losing your audience. Besides, you don't have the money to afford the props to make it look convincing, even.

So can it, go play golf and come back with, say, a good stand-up comedy routine. If you can.

rt

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

There are 168 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)