aaa making a pilgrimage - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: making a pilgrimage

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 24-Nov-05  @  12:57 AM   -   making a pilgrimage

Jack

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Check out my avatar! That's me on Bicknell hill! For all you Dogtown headz...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/48             28-Nov-05  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

Hair grows so why not let it?
>>>>>>>>

because on some people it can make them look like an old man- we had a guy at our school who was dewveloped and at 16 grew a beard- he went from nerd to 40 year science teacher in one week....

there should at least be an age limit..

greg

Message 22/48             29-Nov-05  @  05:00 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Jack

Influx, yeah I was in LA yet again with All Mighty Senators. Too bad we could'nt hook up (you're
in OR now , correct?) , I could've actually shown you a little style as I was being treated pretty
well on this tour. We played at HOB on Sunset. Shit! We could've smoked weed on our tour bus!
But y'know, I had to hook up with the 'Club' and jam it up to Berdoo to meet with Sonny and Free
Wheelin' Frank before we went to the Janis Joplin concert at the Fillmore...
Actually I do have a bike sitting in my garage awaiting the sawsall. With as little time as I have,
it's either make beats in the basement or turn wrenches in the garage. Or more realisticly, do I
buy this microphone or this triple tree? The basement's been winning every time. I entertain the
fantasy at http://www.chopperunderground.com. It's like dancetech but choppers...
Where's Digital Rust? I tried finding him, too.
Yup, before I hit the ditches, I gotta hit the pipes in AZ!

As for age concerns, every day I'm alive is a day closer to grumpy old man I was born to be.

Message 23/48             29-Nov-05  @  09:53 AM     Edit: 29-Nov-05  |  09:53 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Steve Roughley

i just dont trust beards- or musatches for that reason- dunno why....guess its something i should see a doc about...

greg

Yeah, I think they call that pogonophobia. Apparrently Margaret Thatcher was a pogonophobe and wouldn't let any bearded men in her cabinet. And she definitely wasn't right in the head. That'd be enough to make me worry, Greg.

Message 24/48             29-Nov-05  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

monkeybasket2001

yeah but if i went to my doc and he had a beard....

greg

Message 25/48             29-Nov-05  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

mccLowniTTerz>

Link?: Link

it's an observable and much verified fact that there are those who were simply born into this world much-too-good-looking and without their beards most other poor saps (who have to shave every day EVERY FriGGING DAYof their most modern suit-wearing corporate/governmental wanna be cold[play existences) wouldn't have a chance at a girl whatsoever.....or boy for that matter....
so you know it's simply their way of kinda evening out the odds for ya.

Message 26/48             30-Nov-05  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Influx

holy crap it _is_ "that" jack.

sorry for forgetting the name of your band, dude. I would have never took you for the biker type. didnt really know you skated, either. guess I never asked.

I dont need to see a chopper site. used to be a passion of mine, but I went other directions, and now with the bastard weekender yuppies snatchin up the $40k bikes...everyone wants $15k for their 88 POS.

probably never own one, tell the truth. and I could never grow a real beard like that. if I could Id be all over it!

rock on.

Message 27/48             30-Nov-05  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Jack

Aw man, you GOTTA check out chopper underground! It's all about the low budget d.i.y.
chopper. A lot of awesome chopped Jap bikes, great forums, all that stuff.

Hey man, I like that loose'n sloppy jam! How do you like the RS7k?

Message 28/48             30-Nov-05  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Influx

holy crap, man. I forgot completely about that!

I like(d) the RS but just never could get a feel for numbers sequencing like that. I prefer me a SCREEN.

miss the touchy feely HW, and the RS had some neet FX....I banged that out in one take. totally forgot.
it was a very capable sequencer, decent sounds, cool effects. never got the beat slicer to work. as a whole the unit was kinda finicky and complicated.

I was very keen on the new Roland for a while, since you can attach a screen and use a mouse, but I decided to just stick with the computer.

will check out those forums
D

Message 29/48             01-Dec-05  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

mcc>

influx...i thought you were going to coloroado tuesday or 3 months ago....

holy crap, man. I forgot completely about that!

Message 30/48             01-Dec-05  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Jack

That does'nt surprise me about the rs7k. I have an rm1x and it has some weirdness to it that I've
never quite gotten around. Of all of those HW units , the mpc's seem to be standing the test of
time. I'm attracted to the mpc1000 . Kinda cheap, USB, and those lovable rubber pads.
I have an sp1200 and it's an awesome piece of gear. Fun and easy to use. I don't know why
emu did'nt do an updated version. They did those hardware joints with the onboard sounds , but
no sampling. I love working with the sp's sequencer. fast and easy.

I might get an mpc, but I need to start getting my head around ableton live anyway. Just got it ,
need to put the time in...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 48 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)