aaa [ot] Should the US invade Iraq? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

Original Message                 Date: 11-Aug-02  @  12:49 PM   -   [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Pat Riot

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I think the USA should definitely invade Iraq at the
earliest possible opportunity. They threaten the US's
control of this vital oil producing region. If the US has no
access to this oil, the economy will crumble and people
will starve. let's keep the starving where they belong. In
the thrid world!

What's the point of being the world's greatest power if
you can't excercise that power in your own interests?
The whinging liberals can leave the country as far as I
am concerned. The US should use its military, political
and economic power to assure it's safe future. Any
other course of action is mere self delusion. Do you
think that another country with the same power as the
US would act any differently?

Anyone, like bin laden, or arafat, who dares to attack
the US or its interests must be first humiliated and then
destroyed. This may cause resentment in other nations,
but what the hell are they going to do about it? Invade
America?

Anyone who threatens the viability of US corporates
must be taught a lesson. The US controls the IMF, the
World Bank, etc etc. The US should NOT be afraid to
use this leverage to further its own ends.

The time has come for the world to realise that we are
not beholden to any organisation, legal body or treaty,
whether or not we signed it sometime in the past.

Times, as they say, change.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/168             11-Aug-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

influx

Link?: Link

a true patriot would want the leader of his country to actually GUIDE us in a healthy direction, not DRIVE us into the ground.

axis of evil: focus; washington

Message 32/168             11-Aug-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Zazza

Link?:  No link

BJT:

'blood and iron' was a Nazist slogan'

Actually it was said by Bismarck, the guy who invaded france and started the German Navy and the Naval race with Britain. Wrong century.

'You admit yourself that a poor economy leads to social unrest, this is exactly how Al Queda came about - similar to how Germany's war payments (after WW1) lead to WW2.'

Errrr.. actually Al Quaeda was never poor.. stupidly rich in fact, being full of Saudis.

Brett:

'but, 'there is a British Empire still in existance'..
where where? You mean the falkland islands?

'He signed a treaty and has violated it time and time again.'
Violating treaties eh? Nuke them all! oops, sounds like grounds for
attacking the US then?

'Americans as a country don't like it when dictators threaten others. we have and will always help out.'

Gee, you mean like in Chile when that nasty dictator Allende was helped to resign and replaced with that nice
US backed Democrat General Pinochet?

'Kuwait needed help. We, not nato, put together the coalition and the strategy behind it with the help of coarse of
many countries.'

Any idea WHY Iraq invaded Kuwait? Not a clue I bet.. because Saddam is 'evil'? Go look it up. No, I'll tell you.

The Kuwaitis and the Iraqis share an underground oil reservoir. The Kuwaitis decided to start removing oil at a
much faster rate than they had agreed with Iraq. Saddam asked them to stop as it was seriously affecting the
Iraqi economy. Kuwait refused. The Iraqis then had a critical meeting with Madeleine Albright from the US
Government and they asked what the US position would be if they attacked Kuwait to prevent them stealing the oil.

Her response? 'Not our business.. we have no position'. Set up or what?

Message 33/168             11-Aug-02  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Pat Riot

Right on Brett, don't let these whinging liberals get away with it. I bet none of them have ever put their life on the line for their country. Trouble is that kids in the US today have it way too soft.

Don't they realise that the only reason they enjoy their self-indulgent Nike/MTV lifestyle is because men and women have died for it? And I'm not just talking about american men and women!

Message 34/168             11-Aug-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

steef

you let slip there zazza, didn't think pat riot was
actually an american anyway.

Like I said, nice trolling anyway.

Message 35/168             11-Aug-02  @  10:35 PM     Edit: 11-Aug-02  |  10:35 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

dissonance

OHHH HELL NO...NOT GOOD.

It doesn't even make any sense. Maybe instead of waging death making, war...how about we start saving lives there. We could have started by stopping that bastard from gassing the Kurds..while we were supporting them more then ever..almost to the tune of Israel. And that was an extra excuse for attacking in the Gulf War, "LOOK WHAT HE DID TO HIS OWN PEOPLE" *a gasp from the crowd*

And those sanctions, that ish is killing 5,000 children a month. How would you like it if that was happening once a month here? Every month for the past 5 years. Mostly infants and toddlers. Dying because they don't have the inoculations that would normally flow right through the border...thanks to their oil production...which in fact was reconstructed by none other than DICK CHENEY'S Halliburton, shortly after the end of the war??? HMMM?

I think we've been doing enough damage.

Message 36/168             11-Aug-02  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Zazza

Damn.. hehe

Message 37/168             11-Aug-02  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Zazza

Hey Brett, gotcha!

Message 38/168             11-Aug-02  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

swanofnever

brett, you make me sick.

Message 39/168             11-Aug-02  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

realtrance

Speaking of whinging, I'm getting sick and tired of all those military people on what is basically glorified government welfare complaining when they actually have to do something -- say, go to war -- for the paycheck they get from the US govt. They're happy to be loyal, dedicated patriots until, oops, mine goes boom and they lose a leg; then it's time to sue!

rt

Message 40/168             12-Aug-02  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

steef

theres only one thing more entertaining than
the fact that there is actually somebody out
there called 'Randy Wanker', and thats his
stories about the fights he's been in.

thats boys a star.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

There are 168 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)