aaa just ordered my mac!!! - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: just ordered my mac!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  03:23 AM   -   just ordered my mac!!!

brad

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Yeah! Mostly for grafik design tho but still...I could see a copy of reason sneaking it's way on to the hard-drive. Specs? G4/867 dual-processor(!)256/60/Combo/Geforce4MX/56K, factory refurbished, 1 year factory warr, uh huh, yeah, and all that. How much!? $1400, which I think is a pretty good deal. Out here in SF Bay area, there are more WTB ads than for sale when it comes to G4s, sheesh.

So now all that sneaking around copying s/w from my work will finally pay off HEE HEE!!!

Don't worry, I'm still 100% PC when it comes to my music, hell yeah.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/49             23-Oct-02  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

Boo

Here we FOOKIN' GO AGAIN.

My Cinema display was less than a 1000, because I have some Apple software dev friends who get the monitors for free. So, spank me.

;)

And 23" is good for graphics. Photoshop with a 23" screen ABSOLUTELY FOOKIN' ROCKS. ...Even though I shouldn't be doing graphics on it. Tut tut.

I could buy another monitor at that price. Fookin' HUGE PENIS 46" display, eh?

Message 32/49             23-Oct-02  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

JX3P0

Any chance on you getting another for say
$1000 for them $200 for you?

Message 33/49             24-Oct-02  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

Boo

JP, These things are rarer than rockinghorse shit!   I was hugely lucky - This ain't a common occurance!

If I come across two - I'll think of you.

Message 34/49             24-Oct-02  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

influx

Link?: Link

rockinghorse shit!!!!!!!

bwaaahahahahahahahahahahah

Message 35/49             24-Oct-02  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

Boo

Influx - Yes? Not heard of that expression be'fo?

Message 36/49             25-Oct-02  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

JX3P0

I would "settle" for the 22.Please think of me
when the rockinghorse poos.

H- big flat DVI w/ a bitten piece of fruit,yum

Message 37/49             25-Oct-02  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

k

Jesus man - I went to0 checkout a G4 the other day... NOISEY!!... sounds like a typical athlon noise when fitted with a standard fan... and check it... Apple dont do ANY quiet fans for the G4, you simply cannot get one ... and it's fitted with a 'deathstar' drive too !!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 38/49             25-Oct-02  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

damballah

Link?: Link

well, I'm sure all that noise will render the noise and crosstalk from a non-malcolm toft "trident" mixer nearly inaudible.   hehehe

Message 39/49             25-Oct-02  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

Boo

Yeah, the new powermacs are generally noisy, but my friend has a couple in his studio and they are silent 95% of the time.

I'd buy a Cube on Ebay and boost it up to 1 Ghz. The cube is silent, always.  

Message 40/49             25-Oct-02  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: just ordered my mac!!!

JX3P0

That's why you put the mac in an isolation
case.I told you macs are expensive.Tell me
how you'd boost a cube to 1Ghz.I'm listening.

H- well I can't find a G4 processor over
500Mhz where i've looked.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)