aaa why i am happy about the elections - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: why i am happy about the elections

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

Original Message                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:21 PM   -   why i am happy about the elections

formant

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

this probably fits into the category K doesn't want posted here.

so fair warning... if you are offended by the topic of abortion quit reading. and take this point: i am not telling you what to believe, i am telling you what i believe so take it for what it is, an opinion.

ok i think that the republicans gaining control of the senate is the absolute most important thing to ever happen in the past 30 years.

this means that bush gets to appoint judges without having them blocked left and right. so just as clinton did before him, bush can put people into positions of power who are anti-abortion.

i think that abortion is the biggest travesty against human life in america since slavery.

just as the white slave owners of the blacks said that they were not human and thereby justified thier actions in pursuit of wealth i see the same thing happening today.

then it was 'these slaves are not humans therefore to gain wealth and happiness we will abuse them and do as we please with them... since they are not humans they have no rights'

today i see people saying the same thing:

'it doesn't matter that i have created a baby because it isn't a human being. i need to go to college/work/whatever so that i can be happy and prosperous. i will therefore do what i like with this nonhuman so that i can persue wealth and an easy life unhindered'

what exactly is the difference between the slave owners and the current people who choose to take human life in order to serve themselves?

i believe that *should* roe v wade get overturned in this country it will be a great stride forward for all humanity.

extremely inflammatory comment here: if bush gets abortion outlawed or at a minimum pushed back to a states right to choose america will be standing in defense of the helpless and needy.

i am aware many do not agree with me but that is fine. many people were against lincoln when he tried to abolish slavery, afterall they weren't humans.

you guys can slam me if you want (used to it) but this has to be the most important civil rights issue since the MLK days and it affects people of all colors and nationalities indiscriminately.

i hope that justice comes for the innocent lives that are lost every day in the name of greed and selfishness.

jamey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/122             06-Nov-02  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

formant

so there is not a single person on here who thinks that a fetus (as you call them) has rights that superscede the mother aside from me?

and no one on here seems to care that abortion was legalized through a non-populace method even though you guys keep talking about mandates etc?

i can't win.

if i want to talk about one topic, i can't because everyone brings up the 50+ other topics about conservatives you don't like

then when i say 'hey lets stick to one topic' i am accused of 'applauding conservatism'

2 simple things i want people to consider on this:

1) that *if* fetus are humans then a travesty far worse than slavery is occuring legally

2) that you will be talking about this topic in the next two years as bush appoints judges.

i also thought it might spark an interesting debate about why our judicial system is allowed to do things that normally take a 2/3 vote of the american population....

and its also ironic that the same system that usurped the will of the people (2/3 were not for abortion rights in 1973 and probably are not now either) will again usurp the will of at least some of you in some way shape or form soon.

attacks against me if i am religious or conservative or athiest or liberal don't do anything to address the issue at hand, its me saying 'this is bad' and you saying 'you are stupid'

i may be stupid but you haven't addressed the 'this is bad' part

gonna leave this thread now, its not worth getting the entire community pissed off over. k you can trash this thread if you like to save everyone from my crap

jamey

Message 32/122             06-Nov-02  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

influx

Link?: Link

"i also thought it might spark an interesting debate about why our judicial system is allowed to do things that normally take a 2/3 vote of the american population.... "

this is a good point.

and...I for one agree that a fetus is a life. Hell...sperm is a MILLION lives, innit?

I just dont think it should be made illegal...

but its one TOUCHY subject

Message 33/122             06-Nov-02  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

JX3P0

More like a whole forest.So which church is it
that you work for?Here chew on this a
bit.Jesus is a fictional character in a really
stupid,violent,woman bashing story.Fuck
him,Fuck Christians and Fuck You!

H- I piss on Jesus

Message 34/122             06-Nov-02  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

JX3P0

My dog pisses on bushes

Message 35/122             06-Nov-02  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Mindspawn

Actually H, Jesus of Nazreth is a bona-fied historical character... So is, Ghengis Khan....

Anyway, Dude, Jamey, yeah, it's all life. It simply depends on how far you want to take that argument. Some buddists would think you're a butcher because you step on bugs, grass, etc., it's all perspective.

I dunna care about whether the fetus has "rights" becuase that's all constructed BS. For that matter, I don't care if we're talking a fully born 30 year old, if they muck up the flow of things, they can be eliminated. Harsh? Not really.

You drive a car? You and millions of other americans, yes? You're fugging killing me and most forms of oxygen breathing creatures, all in the name of getting where you're going a bit faster. Yet if I light up a smoke in public, I'm a fugging pariah.... In my lifetime, if I smoked three packs a day, I couldn't generate as much toxic shit as a car does in one hour...

So, should I be outraged that you're killing me just cos you wanna get places quicker?

So, you get the anti-choice people to stop driving cars, I listen to your abortion woes. Otherwise, there's really nothing to say, eh?

Message 36/122             06-Nov-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

xoxos

one day, for most of you, when you're very, very, VERY old, you're going to see yourselves as i see you now.

Message 37/122             06-Nov-02  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Zazza

Link?:  No link

formant you din't answer my questions.. shame on you..

Message 38/122             06-Nov-02  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

JX3P0

as simple vectors i presume.

H - Not just being anymore,couldn't stand it
plus it was foreign to my gene
sequence.seen.

Message 39/122             07-Nov-02  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

psylichon

"i can't win." - no you can't, not on DT at least.

I know this sounds condescending, and I'm not old-skool or wise or anything like that, but I've never been so disappointed in the people of DT than I have been reading the responses to this thread. Barely no one came close to even the concept of a debate, and it's obvious that no one took 2 fucking seconds to think about what Jamey's saying here. "the topic wasn't stated right, he's obviously trolling, he thinks he's better than us so why bother, he and all of his right-wing buddies are assholes who are killing the world so FUCK THEM ALL AND I HOPE THEY DIE!!!!" I mean, FUCK PEOPLE, do you READ what you write?

We all say we keep an open mind, but i heard a bunch of shutting doors in this one here...

I'm too tired to try and formulate my opinion here, because it's so complicated. Honest, I'll give it a go tomorrow. I mean, this is at the top of the grey-area list. It deals with new lives vs. the old lives that create them, and it don't get much harder than that. You can't just say Jamey's wrong. You're just as wrong! To call Jamey names and attack his beliefs just because he sanctifies an unborn baby's life is simply barbaric and crude. Fuckin' grow up people.

psylichon

wow, I'm really put off... bummer... shoulda read this one first and moved onto happier stuff. Jamey, don't give up. Just respond to my posts and I promise I'll have an actual conversation with you.

Message 40/122             07-Nov-02  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

influx

sorry but Im not ashamed of my response cuz I hardly said anything (except a sweeping generalization about conservatives)...and...going back and reading what formant wrote..its really not that inflammatory

what IS is the part about being GLAD abortion might be made illegal.

its that damn belief that LAWS solve things again. Bad news when people keep that belief. Its been proven time and again to be completely untrue.

but...Sorry formant...you werent given a fair shake. Next time maybe drop the "I dont care what you think" and people might just tell you what they think?

dunno.

Im not on the "fuck all christians" side either. Some people who claim to be tolerant are pretty vehement on that one...

altho..your views...you remind me of my mom in some ways...I still dig her but we clash all the time...

Psylichon is right tho...quite a few HUGE leaps made...but it seems as tho formant's wording hit a few switches?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

There are 122 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)