aaa What Synth for Jungle? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: What Synth for Jungle?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 15-Nov-02  @  12:18 AM   -   What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok. i need some suggestions for a synth with dark, rich (but not cheezE) analog/va analog basslines. i only want it for bass. thats it. price is a consideration but i will find a way to get money if need be.. *evil laugh*

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/49             18-Nov-02  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Brett

the pulse is a mean little beast.

Message 32/49             21-Nov-02  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Q, Pulse, MS-20, Virus, Junglist 2, whatever. They are all good.

Ape

Message 33/49             25-Nov-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

Akai sampler,and a Juno-60

H-do your homework

Message 34/49             25-Nov-02  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Scott

I love jungle / d&b as a diversion from my primary focus, which is prog house.

I too often wondered how pros (especially Metalheadz) got those ultra tricked-out, in your face, oozing with character basslines.

So I bought this Metalheadz propaganda / documentary video. It sheds some light on just how seriously pro d&b artist take their basslines...

The bassline is so important, and it's important that you develop your own sound. If you just rip Virus filters all day long, d&b labels are gonna know.

What you need to do, IMO, is develop some of your own techniques to get "that" sound. For example, one of the Metalheadz artists (can't remember his name off-hand) has several sets of monitors in his studio. One is a set of shitty old consumer speakers, and what he does is overdrive them with a tube amplifier, and puts a bass drum mic right near the woofer, and samples himself playing analog synths through that setup. Presumably, he then takes those samples and mangles them even more within his E4XT.

So my suggestion is similar to some of the above, but with an urge for you to try something original. Sampler + synths + EFX + ?... try some wack sh!t like that, you never know...  

Scott

Message 35/49             26-Nov-02  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

BJT

I love the renegade hardware bass sound, madness. Feel the power.

Message 36/49             26-Nov-02  @  05:13 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

influx

fuck yeah! old future forces?

when dara dropped the first renegade continuum.

jeezUS if you crank that shit...BASS IN YOUR FACE.

damn...we're talkin pure love here. Why am I workin at 136 and not 176?

Message 37/49             26-Nov-02  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

milan

well, change of tempo can do wonders for creativity. wanna swap? i got another breaky thing knocking about  

Message 38/49             26-Nov-02  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Kazhul

He he he he, Influx :-)
ANY synth will do ANY noise ? Really ?
I "challenge" you to make a Roland D20 or a
Korg 03R/W or an good old M1 sound like a Virus C with only the built-in synth features :-)
Or even a Waldorf µQ sound EXACTLY like a Q+, a Qrack or a Virus C :-)

Hu hu hu hu...
Synths do sound different because their internal components are, and because their filters are, because they ARE different ! ;-)
Otherwise there would be just 1 manufacturer in the world, a kind of Microsoft like music industry. Yuk !!

Message 39/49             26-Nov-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

99devils

Dude, you're throwing jabs now. He meant that any analog synth can do any analog sound, just like I said, like, 3 times up there.

We do know that an analog isn't going to make a realistic piano, and an FM synth isn't going to do a nice fat analog bass.

-Craig

Message 40/49             26-Nov-02  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

errata

Wrote a FAT jungle bassline on an M1 a coupl'a years ago. Stacked 4 parts and detuned 2 of the patches... it growled and grained and stretched! Nice "on board" distortion on the M1! I'll see if I can find the MP3, it's on a CD somewhere...

So "f" you buddy!!! hehehe
:0

e

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)