aaa making a pilgrimage - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: making a pilgrimage

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 24-Nov-05  @  12:57 AM   -   making a pilgrimage

Jack

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Check out my avatar! That's me on Bicknell hill! For all you Dogtown headz...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/48             01-Dec-05  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

I might get an mpc, but I need to start getting my head around ableton live anyway. Just got it ,
need to put the time in...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the thing i love about my mpc is the ability to tap beats in on the fly- of course i hear you say you can do that with a keyboard but there is something about the pads that works better.....it means if you have a tight enough rhythm (somnething that varies day to day for me) you can double ya tempo and wack half time beats in on the fly and they generally always sound pretty loose and funky...

apply any sort of quantized swing and you have that amercian rn'b sound (not that you'd want that though)

greg

Message 32/48             01-Dec-05  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Jack

Link?:  Link

How about those mpc style pads with the usb connection. Anybody use those? Seems like a
nice compromise. My buddy Landis just got a Roland SP20 - percussion pad. That works great
too. You get to beat the shit out of it with sticks. Also you can do drum rolls and more
sophisticated stick technique (provided that you have said technique).
Still, hardware is hardware. I don't think all those hip hop heads would still be sticking to the
mpc for no reason.

Message 33/48             01-Dec-05  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Optofonik (AKA_Mick_Rhyze_etc.)

Link?: Link

D-Town & Z-Boys. One of the best docs I've ever seen. Sean Penn does a great job as narrator.

Message 34/48             01-Dec-05  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Influx

mcc> wrote:

influx...i thought you were going to coloroado tuesday or 3 months ago....

holy crap, man. I forgot completely about that!

yeah and I was telling you to fuck off about the same time, too, no? yup. I was. still sayin it, actually

I'll not be held accountable to anyone. especially not you, clay. fuckin dad has fucking cancer so Im sticking around. is that ok with you, you bitter piece of shit?

wanna send more fucking venom my way, like attacking my mother verbally for being a christian? youre still a good for nothing angry old man, so eat SHIT.

Message 35/48             01-Dec-05  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Influx

jack. take a long hard look at the new roland. kicks ass all over the MPC4000, and especially the 1000.

sorry for the bipolar responses but this clay fucker is a fucking rattlesnake waiting to strike and I wont stand for that bullshit. fuck you clay. how about we meet in person, but NOT for beers?

Message 36/48             01-Dec-05  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Influx

Jack wrote:

I dont think all those hip hop heads would still be sticking to the
mpc for no reason.

oh come on acknowledge! its because most of them are fucking STUPID! lets be done with it! theyre moronic, uneducated people...I mean god DAMN how hard is it to work an MPC? seriously!

the MPD thing..the pads via USB...triggering is horrible. absolute bullshit

want a good drum trigger? something you can use your hands or sticks?

Alternate Mode DK-10. period. There are other versions, of varying expense, but the DK10 does the trick absolutely perfectly

Message 37/48             01-Dec-05  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

oh come on acknowledge! its because most of them are fucking STUPID! lets be done with it! theyre moronic, uneducated people...I mean god DAMN how hard is it to work an MPC? seriously!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

woah the venom is with you my son....

im no hiphop affliate and agree that its ease of use attracts them as well as the whole prolific biter culture but that dont make em stupid- they just wanna use a machine they can hit beats into and isnt sub-menu after sub-menu after sub-menu....the roland stuff may look better in spec but damn the roland ui has been shit for years and they are only trying to compete- not doing anything new so therefore by the same logic are dumbing down there own products..

yar pad thing would work but its still a pc innit....depends if ya like making music on a calculator-

greg

Message 38/48             03-Dec-05  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

Influx

deal with enough idiots you start calling them idiots, greg.

Message 39/48             03-Dec-05  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

mcc>

sorry your dad has cancer.

Message 40/48             03-Dec-05  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: making a pilgrimage

beds

eh?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 48 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)