aaa What Synth for Jungle? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: What Synth for Jungle?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 15-Nov-02  @  12:18 AM   -   What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok. i need some suggestions for a synth with dark, rich (but not cheezE) analog/va analog basslines. i only want it for bass. thats it. price is a consideration but i will find a way to get money if need be.. *evil laugh*

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/49             26-Nov-02  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

influx

Link?: Link

"He he he he, Influx :-) ANY synth will do ANY noise ? Really ? I "challenge" you to make a Roland D20 or a Korg 03R/W or an good old M1 sound like a Virus C with only the built-in synth features :-) Or even a Waldorf µQ sound EXACTLY like a Q+, a Qrack or a Virus C :-) "

hu hu hu.

I didnt say a D20 would sound like a virus. tonal characteristics and the capability to make a noise are two different things...

Im sure a D20 could be coaxed into doing pretty much any sound given the proper FX, tweaking, resampling and processing.

of COURSE youre right tho...I think its funny you wanted to try to call me out on that one.

bottom line is theres no specific synth for any specific sound. some excel at certain things...

Message 42/49             27-Nov-02  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

Not to mention sample playback machines
aren't "synths"

H- Akai vs juno 60

Message 43/49             27-Nov-02  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Kazhul

No prob Influx :-)

It's just that I've been overloading my brain trying to figure out what synth could suit my sweetest dreams for months...
And even owning more synths, I can't be sure :-)
He he he...
Actually, I guess I feel jealous about all these nice sounds that everybody can make but me !
F****ng world with so many nice things to try out!
Sometimes it feels like synths are just like women: you're never sure that the one standing besides you is THE right one !! hu hu hu !!!

Message 44/49             27-Nov-02  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

errata

"Synths are just like women"...

Too true, yo. Only they don't get quite as jealous when you have more than one. I know how everyone feels about excessive gear, but I honestly think a few are best for that full, rounded feeling...

For Jungle? I'd get: Access Virus, Waldorf XTK, Yamaha A3000, and an E-mu rompler (maybe the Mo Phat...)

e

Message 45/49             28-Nov-02  @  04:10 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

When you say Jungle you do mean Jump up
Rasta Jungle right?

H- Akai S series and Juno 60

Message 46/49             28-Nov-02  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Kazhul

True, I forgot : some of the Emu lil beasts are really nasty: the Mo phatt and Turbo Phatt could be great.
Then, I can't remember but I guess there is an extension card for the Roland synths series proposing only "WORLD music" sounds: great drums to use !

Then, if you need fat basses, I'd say go for a Waldorf Q+ of QRack.
That's jungle for me: drums and phatt bass...

Message 47/49             25-Dec-02  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

djjessex

The hard to find Waldorf Pulse is THE quintessencial Jungle bass synth. Technical Itch, UFO, and optical usem i think. its famous amoung junglers. I agree with the creative aspect though, run the bass into another synths filters into a sampler or something. just have fun, fatboy slim could teach us a thing or 2 about bass too. he likes the roland sh-2000. the ms-20 comes to mind too. me and my buddy do just fine with a waldorf q and a nova.

Message 48/49             25-Dec-02  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

a.d.d.

a few years ago it seemed like every other dnb track i listened to had nord lead for either bass or lead, now its virus.

Message 49/49             25-Dec-02  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

bbox

I have a love-hate relationship with junglist... I hate the fact that there is one LFO that CANNOT be midi scynced and crapy but clean user interface.. but then I get some ill ass bass sounds from it...its almost in all of my tracks...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)