aaa A new "vote yourself to the top" - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: A new "vote yourself to the top"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  08:37 PM   -   A new

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"Listen to the rythmic chaotic instrument. A distant square is playing notes, a sequence from correct notes to totally insane others. A melodic base, always playing the perfect notes, no error at all, adding even more contradiction to the music. A melody, based on a sawtooth pad, is trying to play the better possible but some weird notes occur because the rythm is making all insane because its duality of perfect rythm but a terrbly chaotic pitch. A man (priest) saying "we all here are towards the grave" makes that sort of broken satanic nintendo even more scary. A kickdrum, which adds necesary emotion to the scene, but only used on strategic points followed by a groovy house hihat patterns, finally the song vanish. Only that odd rythm is there, laughing at you, he absorbed all remaining patterns, like a dark hole. ---------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately there's no photographic registry of the console. "

NINTENDO? WHAT THE FUCK?

my man...you might be taking yourself just a LITTLE too seriously

better start voting EVERY DAY so you can see your name at the top of the shit hot DT chart!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/88             02-Mar-02  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: A new

influx

oh yeah! that was it!!!! it wasnt even the track anymore 

it was the BLURB  man..that is one of the FREAKIEST peaces of written material I have ever seen!

thanks for reminding me damballah

Message 42/88             03-Mar-02  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: A new

straight outta compton

Link?:  No link

YO YO MUTHAFUCKAHS!!

Anyone wanna buy a KORG i3, a Mixer, a NUMARK Double CD Player and some other stuff to help a brotha out with his crack habits

Check it yo

and out

Message 43/88             03-Mar-02  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: A new

spyro

Link?: Link

he he he!!

Don't remind me that please! That day was a fuckin nighmare to me and my family, we were all tied up, from my lil brother to my grandmother.

I can see my Korg i3 taking dirt on a dark room, sob!

Message 44/88             03-Mar-02  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: A new

influx

what the hell? you got robbed?

Message 45/88             04-Mar-02  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: A new

Brett B

Link?:  No link

I really only put my tracks up here for my freinds in other cities to know what I have been up to. We all support each other in this business, And it really is not important what a bunch of internet addicted freaks think. Me included! Oooooh the DT chart!!!!!!!!!!!! Big f...ing deal! you sell records right? That's all I am worried about. The people here are so picky and focused on the style they do, that none of us really should be judging each other. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Some of the music I hear on the list is just flat out wierd and would never really have any comercial value. commercial value is what enables you to move forward.

As for the sysex being slow or tricky, it's not. You just type in the 9 digits of hex into the slider on the bank of my o1v, and the value hex is set to fad so the fader position determines the value. Sonar and cubase record it flawlessly. But you can't edit it graphicly like cc's. One way around this is to use waveidea's midi-remapper and have those same sysex messages converted to a cc on input and output so you could edit them. Another would be to have a graphic editor for sysex synths in mind and implimented into the application but i have yet to see this. You can do so much with sysex that the cc's don't support, like making parameter changes to the fx etc. that are not designed for realtime, like reverb decay. . So you can assign that to a controler like the kenton control freak or my o1v and now have realtime control of non realtime parameters.

Message 46/88             04-Mar-02  @  04:07 AM   -   RE: A new

sitarsong

The thing is Brett, if you allow yourself to get too hung up on making commercially viable music you don't move forward either. People get stuck in ruts that way in trying to please the recording industry and even if they "make it" in the commercial world they tend to become stale and get tossed away after a year or 2. In the US most dance music is considered to be flat out weird. I remember telling a girl, a musician herself, about Orbital. She went and bought one of their cds. The next time I saw her all she had to say was 'to each their own I guess'. She hardly thought it was definable as music. She listens to Gloria Estafan and all those pop chart people. My point is, Orbital is weird. And they're great.

Message 47/88             04-Mar-02  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: A new

Frostbyte

Oh fuck you Mark, you had to say it out loud before i've even got a chance :P
You're a lemming Brett, and i don't care about you. You've got it all figured all out, haven't you?

"The money can be made if you really want some more"

That's really all what i'll to say ! coming from a lemming, mind you!

OI! OI ! OI !

Message 48/88             04-Mar-02  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: A new

Frostbyte

besides, it's all so proper !!!!!

Message 49/88             04-Mar-02  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: A new

influx

I hope you guys know that I have a copyright on the word lemming with the connotation of being a follower

MINE MINE MINE

Message 50/88             04-Mar-02  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: A new

bedwyr

"commercial value is what enables you to move forward."

i don't understand. what does this mean?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 88 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)