aaa Playback sucks - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Playback sucks

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 05-May-02  @  08:10 PM   -   Playback sucks

proximus

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I'm NEVER doing playback anymore..

no the cd didn't skip but I was quite drunk and everybody could see I wasn't playing live.

And drinking and playing live.. well, that's another story

I did a gig this weekend with playback and it did not go very well to put it mildly. I think there are two main reasons why it fucked up. First one first which was my own fault. I've never done a gig before and the promoter said they wanted bands with little need of gear so I thought:easy! I'll do playback (another thing.. YOU know what YOU need, get what you need if you get it don't play. You get fucked, not the promoter.). As I mentioned before, everybody could see I wasn't really playing live. That's not a good thing

The other thing which I believe fucked things up for me was that the introducer said I was a young talented artist from Bergen who produces trance and have a JUST faboulous voice. "Today he is going to sing and perform his song."

I DON't SING!! I HAVE NEVER SUNG IN MY LIFE!! WHY! HOW!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put the blame on other. I was responsible but the last one, fuck, who could I avoid it?

I don't know what I would have done with out my supporting friends backing me up and cheering like mad in the front. Cos, to be honest there wasn't a lot of cheering except from them. I managed to get some ok cheering at some points with some heavily clapping in the air (Yeah I know it's cheesy but what was I to do?) but then I forgot to play the keyboard, hehe.

There was a pretty big audience too, maybe 300 and I was unvoluntary picked out to *kick* off the show.

Anyway, this experience didn't turn my wish for playing live, but I'm NEVER EVER using playback again. By the way, this was my first gig ever.

Give me your flames and comfort. Especially comfort because I need it

I kinda look a bit humorous on it but it still sucks  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/81             25-May-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Playback sucks

proximus

Link?: Link

damn good reason not to get rich

Message 62/81             26-May-02  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: Playback sucks

xoxos

"best kept secret.." lol  

Message 63/81             28-May-02  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Playback sucks

knowa

you really liked that didn't you? self-negation is your ego stroke. and how forgiveable! tapes a-garbled.

Message 64/81             28-May-02  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Playback sucks

proximus

I'm not sure what you mean (not sure if you're referring to me either   ) but if you're talking about my act.. well, actually I didn't like it at all. I thought it was terrible to stand there because it seemed like nobody liked what I did

Message 65/81             28-May-02  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: Playback sucks

xoxos

i reckon nobody's going to complain about it. the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (because otherwise the many are a piss-awful lot to have to put up with) so yes, it's my concious, conscionable, best ego-stroke option, and i'm damn happy with it.

apart from that, i'm an aquarius and a dog.. end result=free meal for anyone who wants to take a bite out of poor old xoxos.

aah, i love to talk about me. sometimes people can learn from me. i, on the other hand, have nothing to learn  

Message 66/81             31-May-02  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: Playback sucks

xoxos

you know what, knowa? it's just like this, and it's this simple..

i've seen people blown up in front of my eyes. i've seen my family house (a lovely little place called maes-y-deri) demolished and nasty cheap apartment complexes thrown up in its stead. i've seen the way americans (especially) treat people (after, it goes w/o mention, a few intoxicating hours of television.) i've seen my creations destroyed by others without them stopping to think twice. i've seen the mass of people demonstrate absolutely no regard for one another whatsoever, and i've done it myself (at an increasingly younger age.) and so i've come to the following conclusion:

this world is shit, and the people in it are absolute shit. whatever you have in this life can be taken away from you or otherwise ruined by someone.

so any form of happiness based on what you have is hopeless, because some utter prick will come along and blow it up, crash into it, slit it's throat, give it cocaine or otherwise leave it in a shambles.

so i base my happiness in what i can impart to others in the form of knowledge and technique, because it can take a fucking eternity to get something you want accomplished with so many bastards in the world, but likewise, it takes no time whatsoever to find someone who's in the dark (probably put there by someone else) and shed a little light, especially for someone (ahem) as comparatively cosmopolitan to the mean as i  

when i was very young, i was told the chinese believe heaven and hell to be identical scenarios.. a table filled with food, but only to be eaten with 10 foot long chopsticks that are provided. they always have these things. in hell, all the selfish bastards starve, and in heaven, everyone is fat and happy because they feed each other.

i will kick mr. emagic in the crotch given the opportunity! well unless his house gets blown up and he reads this first.

(so ask me about my incessant claims of superiority when practically everybody has no discernible goal beyond papa johns, shiny rims and a stinking bit o minge.)

Message 67/81             19-Jun-02  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Playback sucks

prox

ok, tonight is the night  

I'm almost finished preparing my performance, and this time I can do live tweaks\mute\solos.. everything is run from logic in real time. I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope I get time enough to get it all rigged because it's a really tight schedule and I'm bringing a lot of stuff, I'm even bringing my monitors for monitoring (*cough* and for a of bit showing off too) because I didn't get the right image (*cough* soundimage) with my headphones.

And I hope nobody steals my gear  

wish me luck, this time I'm not drunk

Message 68/81             19-Jun-02  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Playback sucks

Maarten

Good luck, make sure to post a piece of that action on the www somewhere...

Message 69/81             19-Jun-02  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: Playback sucks

milan

yeah, good luck prox!

Message 70/81             19-Jun-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Playback sucks

knowa

yes good luck prox.

xoxos you silly. can you not laugh at yourself?
it's not the same as being laughable. wasn't dissing you, if that's what you thought. nice one about chinese heaven. happy emagic-crotch-kicking. mac versions?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 81 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)