aaa [ot] Should the US invade Iraq? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17

Original Message                 Date: 11-Aug-02  @  12:49 PM   -   [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Pat Riot

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I think the USA should definitely invade Iraq at the
earliest possible opportunity. They threaten the US's
control of this vital oil producing region. If the US has no
access to this oil, the economy will crumble and people
will starve. let's keep the starving where they belong. In
the thrid world!

What's the point of being the world's greatest power if
you can't excercise that power in your own interests?
The whinging liberals can leave the country as far as I
am concerned. The US should use its military, political
and economic power to assure it's safe future. Any
other course of action is mere self delusion. Do you
think that another country with the same power as the
US would act any differently?

Anyone, like bin laden, or arafat, who dares to attack
the US or its interests must be first humiliated and then
destroyed. This may cause resentment in other nations,
but what the hell are they going to do about it? Invade
America?

Anyone who threatens the viability of US corporates
must be taught a lesson. The US controls the IMF, the
World Bank, etc etc. The US should NOT be afraid to
use this leverage to further its own ends.

The time has come for the world to realise that we are
not beholden to any organisation, legal body or treaty,
whether or not we signed it sometime in the past.

Times, as they say, change.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/168             12-Aug-02  @  08:49 PM     Edit: 12-Aug-02  |  08:50 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

What we need is complete worldwide hardcore nuclear warfare. LET EVERY COUNTRY LAUNCH A MINIMUM OF 100 NUCLEAR WARHEADS LOADED WITH NO LESS THAN 500lbs OF PLUTONIUM A PIECE. CAUSE A 10,000 YEAR NUCLEAR WINTER!!! Humans and there bloody wars are getting f#ing annoying, I am sure that mother nature would agree, if she/he were conscious. We're all a bunch of stupid assholes and I hope that we all die from war SOON! I'm fed up!

Have a nice day all! :¬)

Steve.

Message 62/168             12-Aug-02  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Zazza

Yeah, I wanna play with my laser-guided toys.. NOW!

Message 63/168             12-Aug-02  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Brett

it's not the fox news or the cnn broadcast I based my opinion on. it's my half a dozen freinds who served there. And poor john callahan hung himself.

my grandfather was on two ships that were sunk in WWII. He never let it upset him he floated in the ocean twice watching his freinds all die around him. i know he was part of the island hoppers and took part in the bloodiest fighting in the pacific. He was happy to be alive, and lived his life happily. You can blame the guilt this guy was carrying for his suicide. But there is always somthing more wrong with people who take there own life. i don't feel any pitty for him.

i don't feel bad for any of those iraqi soldiers either. The Kuwait women and children were killed and raped by iraqi's you idiot. We were the ones stopping it. so go sell your propaganda elsewhere!

Message 64/168             12-Aug-02  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

oh, the empathy!

no one had it as bad as [insert favourite had it worse than someone else figure here].

Message 65/168             12-Aug-02  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Zazza

So the Iraquis killing and raping women justifies us killing women and children too?

Weird..

We've already killed more than twice as many Afghanis as died in the twin towers.. are we just getting started or what?

Message 66/168             12-Aug-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

MikeC

For formant:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_2062000/2062429.stm

and

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

or the government's own http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

Message 67/168             12-Aug-02  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Zazza

Ah, the thriving US economy.. better start a war quick..

Message 68/168             12-Aug-02  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

ummm

rt - your article there contradicted your statement of war as a distraction.

I'm all for bombing Iraq. It's not the us/uk's fault those iraqi children are starving. A corrupt government more concerned with developing and maintaining an army is to blame. As an American, I'm VERY scared of Saddam AND the Saudi's. But only because they will come after ME, and not our military.

You folks around the world also need to understand that GWB does not equal the average American. He is running his show as if he won that last election in a land-slide. And quit with this crap about pointing out places where the us didn't intervene. I'm not sure if this has been reported outside of hte US, but you'll find the us military has shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY since the 1980's. We CAN'T be everywhere at once. The us is in a no-win situation. If we do nothing, we get criticized. If we do something we get criticized. So, we look after our own interests. Your governments do to, and I bet you do the same EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE.

Frankly, the fact that I don't know what is going on is good. If I know what our troops are up to, so does Saddam. And if he knows, he kills more of us. Loose lips sink ships.

An unbiased media is a myth. EVERYONE has an agenda. If you happen to agree with it, it appears unbiased.

Go on Jamey...

Message 69/168             12-Aug-02  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

Zazza

So Iraq is attacking US citizens?

Where, when?

Message 70/168             12-Aug-02  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: [ot] Should the US invade Iraq?

realtrance

Link?: Link

ummm,

I don't like to opinionize for very long without providing at least some information along the way, unlike the US news media.

I find it disturbing that so many military activities are taking place on behalf of a so-called democratic government, without in the least consulting the rulers in that government, i.e. we, the people.

Oh -- I forgot -- that no longer applies.

rt

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17

There are 168 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)