aaa A new "vote yourself to the top" - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: A new "vote yourself to the top"

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  08:37 PM   -   A new

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"Listen to the rythmic chaotic instrument. A distant square is playing notes, a sequence from correct notes to totally insane others. A melodic base, always playing the perfect notes, no error at all, adding even more contradiction to the music. A melody, based on a sawtooth pad, is trying to play the better possible but some weird notes occur because the rythm is making all insane because its duality of perfect rythm but a terrbly chaotic pitch. A man (priest) saying "we all here are towards the grave" makes that sort of broken satanic nintendo even more scary. A kickdrum, which adds necesary emotion to the scene, but only used on strategic points followed by a groovy house hihat patterns, finally the song vanish. Only that odd rythm is there, laughing at you, he absorbed all remaining patterns, like a dark hole. ---------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately there's no photographic registry of the console. "

NINTENDO? WHAT THE FUCK?

my man...you might be taking yourself just a LITTLE too seriously

better start voting EVERY DAY so you can see your name at the top of the shit hot DT chart!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/88             05-Mar-02  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: A new

bedwyr

Link?: Link

i assumed it was a blanket 'cocks', maybe a carpet bombing 'cocks'. but i'm quite happy with it being just you! ;) & when are you gonna start showing ppl some respec', huh? hehe..

so brett, who's music on here are you not taking seriously then?

d, pistols.

Message 72/88             05-Mar-02  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: A new

damballah

from zappa's first, freak out. "no commercial potential" was sort of zappa's motto. "selling records is all I'm worried about" seems to be brett's." I'm on frank's side. :P

Message 73/88             05-Mar-02  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: A new

steve

Link?:  No link

'carpet bombing cocks'

I feel strangely aroused.

but really, I just saw that knob with a face like a monkeys arse off pop idol just sold 1.1 million copies of his debut single, and its not even a particulary well-crafted piece of pop. Its fcuking horrible in fact, and thats the fastest selling single in uk pop history.

How embarassing, thats like 1 in 60 people went out and bought that (with more to come no doubt) after shamelessly having the whole thing shoved down their throats for months on primetime tv  

I guess people in general are stupid, and have not taste.

Gotta love a bit of elitism.

Message 74/88             05-Mar-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: A new

knowa

damn you're obnoxious brett. you don't seem to understand that for some people, music is an end in itself, regardless of commercial success or viability. that's *not lame*. I think it might even be called integrity. anyway, all I know for sure is that it makes for better company than some trying to promote his latest trance epic. sure, I hope that some film and (choreographed) dance music projects I'm working on now attract people's attention and win me great fortune, but all I really care about is that they're good, that they feel like *mine* and that I can show off a little bit to friends and family. duh, I'd love a big advance from a record company to work on music full time, but an awful lot music bores me and I'd rather work with developmentally disordered kids than track a Digweed, Rob Zombie or N'sync wannabe. no doubt. I understand that other people have very different goals and circumstances and I don't bother to tell people how generic their tracks are cuz that's probably what they're after, dj play in a little niche. more power to them, good luck. don't you understand it's exactly your attitude that people complain about when they talk about music scenes getting ruined by the majors? that whole bit about money corrupting art and culture is so goddamn cliche--aren't you even little self-conscious about calling people losers for goals other than commercial success? Music is not like stockbroking, you know, it's not like it only makes sense when there's profit involved. I wish more people would just get into making music or painting or touch football or whatever and just do they're own thing because they like doing it. if anyone was discouraged or insulted by your idiotic post, I hope they feel encouraged by everybody telling you off. you sit and your bedroom and make tracks for your friends to hear? awesome. no ever heard of you? great. wanna get famous and play for millions? best of luck. just make your music and don't be a dick and if people resent you that's their problem. damn, I don't like to insult people but you need it, kid. grow the up. your music sounds like a reason preset to me. it's well mixed and it sucks. *IMHO*

Message 75/88             05-Mar-02  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: A new

Frostbyte

tangent prone cock, that's definately me  

Message 76/88             05-Mar-02  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: A new

monkeyboy

im a big cock with a rash and a bubble of discoloured seminal fluid seeping from the japseye...no what bich? in fact i must be one of the largest cocks here cos i don't know much about making electronic music AND i do it for FUN...what a cock.

Message 77/88             05-Mar-02  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: A new

sitar

Knowa, I have to take issue with you on one point. I hate touch football. If someone's gonna play football, it should be tackle. That's when you feel life flowing through your veins.

:P

Brett's been a cool guy to see around here. I was just surprised by the disregard for other musicians. I guess things go to our heads sometimes. It's happened to me plenty. Wish we could all hug and be over it.

Message 78/88             05-Mar-02  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: A new

xoxos

that's kinda the cool thing about the industry though. at least you can tell where all the vampires are.

Message 79/88             25-Mar-02  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: A new

espoo2

Link?:  No link

Actually, Sitar, I disagree with you. . . I find Brett far from pleasant. . . although not that abnormal, I suppose.

I've been quite happy to see mostly artistic, idealistic musicians here who aren't driven by mostly commercial influences. Brett is the first that I have seen here that, in SEVERAL threads over the last few weeks, keeps saying things in relation to "commercial potential" or some such nonsense.

When I first started coming here several years ago, I was _immensely_ influenced by the voices here. . .Lucky for me, those voices were people like Caspar Project, sitar, xoxos, influx, pongoid, etc... Artists who's music people respect because of the voice and sincerity with which it is delivered (and they can all spell a hell of lot better than he can, which, as small as that is, actually makes one's thoughts alot more respectable).

Not that I would ever buy into his crap, but some may, especially when he posts so damn much. So yeah, there may be some "cocks" here, but it's because most of us have no respect for the way in which you treat your music. . . How could we? You don't seem to respect your OWN music. . . It's a prostitute for you.

Message 80/88             25-Mar-02  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: A new

influx

you had to rekindle this one, eh?

sometimes its fun to see where old arguments go 

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 88 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)