aaa Using Mesa on PC... - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Using Mesa on PC...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             24-Jan-00  @  02:13 PM   -   Using Mesa on PC...

Matthew

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Right, stupid question time...

I've recently hooked up my PC to an Akai s3000xl using MESA, and it works okay, but I was wondering if there is a simple way of backing up everything from the sampler onto the PC in one easy to re-load (single-selection) way? At the moment I'm having to redo everything manually everytime I switch on my sampler!

Any help appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             24-Jan-00  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Using Mesa on PC...

scottc

Link?: Link

Yeah, I'm getting tired of using un-reliable floppies to save all my multi programs and effects programs... Are there any programs that save the programs into a file on a PC through the SCSI card, I sure as hell can't afford an external SCSI drive or Zip or anything. I'm using Mesa and AkaiDisk at the moment, can't seem to get 'em to save programs, just samples.

Message 3/5             28-Jan-00  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: Using Mesa on PC...

99devils

You can get a used external SCSI zip drive on E-bay for fifty bucks, man... Save your pennies!

BTW I'm using an S2000 with a Zip drive, works great... However, I still use a LOT of floppies. Floppies are cheap, and portable, and take up less room when you store them. I usually find them better for organization too (ie if you only have a couple of different drum hits, they're better off on floppies than trying to organize on the zip disk). For live gigs, or rehersals, I load up the individual floppies onto a Zip disk, and I can load a full 32 megs in a couple of minutes...

-Craig

Message 4/5             30-Jan-00  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: Using Mesa on PC...

Ellipsis

Link?:  Link

to save programs in mesa, rightclick on the program selection you wish to save and select "export programs with samples"...this will save the whole thing to your h/d...to save the whole memory of your sampler...select all of the programs...(using the shit key)...and then right click and once again choose to export all programs with samples...to load, go to import, then goto that dir where you saved everything hold down control, and click on all the programs you want to load, next, make sure "load samples with programs" checkbox is checked....to save multifile or efects file, right click on those items and then click export...all these items are in the "explorer" view...

Message 5/5             30-Jan-00  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Using Mesa on PC...

Matthew

Many thanks Ellipsis, although I assume you meant the shift key!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)