aaa Akai AkSys and S-series - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akai AkSys and S-series

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             09-Jul-02  @  04:45 PM     Edit: 09-Jul-02  |  04:46 PM   -   Akai AkSys and S-series

99devils

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Yesterday I finally got the AkSys software and USB board for my S6000. For those of you who drool over the ease of software but still want the stability of hardware (or don't want to use a PC live), it doesn't get much better than this. Drag and drop from your PC to sampler memory or hard disk (or the reverse). You can open a sample from the S6000 in Sound Forge, and edit it, and behind the scenes the sample is fetched from Akai to PC , loaded into SF, and sent back to the sampler when you're done. All voice parameters can be edited from a softsynth-looking control panel, multis can be built using an editor, and a mixer panel is used to set outs, levels, and pans, etc.

Stability blows away the old MESA/SCSI setup. No conflicts, no fiddling with SCSI settings, or your Zip drive screwing things up between the PC and sampler. One USB cable, and that's it.

If you have an S5000 or S6000, you MUST have this. If you're thinking you need a hardware sampler to play live, or you're interested in buying a hardware sampler, definately check out the Akais. The S5000s are going cheap on Ebay these days, and the USB board runs $110-$150USD.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             09-Jul-02  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Akai AkSys and S-series

xoxos

better than mesa? you lie, you lie.

Message 3/5             09-Jul-02  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: Akai AkSys and S-series

99devils

I lie not, sir!

-Craig

Message 4/5             20-Jul-02  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: Akai AkSys and S-series

JX3P0

So is Aksys still modeled like a modular????Just a
thought for you since you got the 6000.I had a
Prophet 3000 which uses the same detatchable
control panel layout and it died and so did
sequential.So it was over with.My point?If you
plan on keeping the 6000 a decade or two go ahead
and buy another control panel now while you still
can.Cause once that dies the sampler's
dead.Precisely why i bought the 5000.I've already
been down that road......

Message 5/5             22-Jul-02  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Akai AkSys and S-series

99devils

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. The difference though is that the samples in my case are .wavs and Akai programs can be read by most other samplers.

I'm not too worried, but it's a good point.

-Craig

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)