aaa has anyone added ram to s3000xl? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: has anyone added ram to s3000xl?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             14-Jul-02  @  01:03 AM   -   has anyone added ram to s3000xl?

modwheel

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

can someone clear this up once and for all please.

i had heard that ram should only be:

"72pin SIMM 70ns or faster, no parity, 8 chips, single sided and Fast Page"

however i've also heard of people using:

60ns
parity
edo
etc

and it all working.
are akai's not as fussy with memory as is ofter thought?
has anyone actually installed anything that *isn't* what akai recomends. i have to upgrade and would prefer to use EDO since it rather common (i think).

thanks for any advice.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             18-Jul-02  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: has anyone added ram to s3000xl?

k

Link?: Link

No users?... well, at the prices that ram sells for (price of a packet of cigarettes) you can try either - best bet if akai cant give you ANY real info is to get what they say - crikey i must have about a giagbyte of assorted of old simms lying around in various bags   - that site linked says what you printed basicaly so it's probably right and mentions edo works but wont use it's ex'dataout abilities

anyways give it a go - ram like that is giveaway prices.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             18-Jul-02  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: has anyone added ram to s3000xl?

99devils

WARNING - Do NOT add 4-chip 64MB SIMMS to Akais. It'll only recognize 1/2 the RAM.

Of course, I only paid $18 for the pair, so I don't really care, but.. It would've been nice to have 200MB in the S6000 instead of "only" 136.

-Craig

Message 4/5             20-Jul-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: has anyone added ram to s3000xl?

JX3P0

I still haven't hit the 8 meg on my 5000.Of course
my first sampler(W-30) had 512K so what do you
need 200 megs for?Just curious.Big ass piano
samples you have..

Message 5/5             28-Jul-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: has anyone added ram to s3000xl?

GT

^

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)