aaa The First Ever Sample CD - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: The First Ever Sample CD

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             15-Jul-02  @  04:10 PM   -   The First Ever Sample CD

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just out of interest, does anyone know who made the first ever sample CD and what it was called?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             15-Jul-02  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

beds

Link?:  Link

jb's greatest hits?

Message 3/11             15-Jul-02  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

influx

Link?: Link

hehe. DING! 

interesting question though, but I do think that long before a commercially released CD, beats only sides on vinyl, etc, had been firmly entrenched

Message 4/11             16-Jul-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

k

I think the first 'blockbuster' sample cd was T&S XXL mebbe ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/11             16-Jul-02  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

steve

didn't the EII feature the first ever cd rom library?

Message 6/11             16-Jul-02  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

hillyollie

Zero g data file 1, then 2 and 3, then ethnic 1
and 2 and x static goldmine, etnic had all those
lovely loops that everyone had like the original
version of song of life by leftfeild before they
where big thats of ethnic 2. the zero g where the
first from time and space i guess old ed stratton
the man who is man machine mad more from sample
cds than his tracks but i think his tracks gave
him the dosh to start time and space, sma

Message 7/11             16-Jul-02  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

k

that sounds right, stratton went on to form T&S as a distributor for zero-g and other brands didnt he?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/11             17-Jul-02  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

MikeC

You should steer clear of those early Time & Space discs. Loads of copyrighted stuff. Even Jarre samples and everything. None of them are cleared for use.

There's another musician I know who used one of the discs on a project he did for Warner (or some such conglomerate). They asked him to remove the sample of their track. They were actually talking about something he got from a ZeroG datafile disc. He phoned the Time & Space people and they just didn't want to know.

Well dodgy.

MikeC

Message 9/11             18-Jul-02  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

megahead

What about the BBC sample CDs for the theatre and Camcorder crowd,I had loads years back,they were full of doorbells,foot steps,murder screams and the like. Some cool stuff,and some sounds were lifted straight of the earlier vinyl versions which had that crackly crunched sound.

Message 10/11             18-Jul-02  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

k

well if that's included then the BBC did their sound fx vinyl series going back years, so it goes further back than ever.

Message 11/11             20-Jul-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: The First Ever Sample CD

JX3P0

It was the EII library....

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)