aaa OT: Which car would YOU pick? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/28             06-Oct-02  @  12:58 AM   -   OT: Which car would YOU pick?

d'n'b_head

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Which one would you take having the choice? A 1999 Cougar or a 2001 Grand-Am?? Overall for comfort, reliability, looks, and extras?? Thanks, Brett

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/28             06-Oct-02  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

influx

Link?: Link

ok now we DEFINITELY have a different forum for this kind of stuff, man

we're trying to keep this on the tech tip...can ya try the 'lounge' instead?

Message 3/28             06-Oct-02  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

steef

mk1 golf gti capaign.

Message 4/28             06-Oct-02  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

milan

and this is not tech? of course it is!

golf... bah!

Message 5/28             06-Oct-02  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

k

Link?:  Link

Nissan Skyline thankyou... 1000 bhp is possible no worries with a little tweaking of those twin ceramic turbochargers!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/28             06-Oct-02  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

psylichon

on topic answer:

The Cougar's probably a better car. My dad had an older model and it ran forever. Nice plush intereior, good stereo. Last time I test drove a Grand Am it felt like a piece of plastic to me. Been a while though. Never really liked the looks of the Grandma either but Cougars are looking nice lately.

Where are you from? Get a lot of snow? Cougar's a real-wheel-driver so that may be an issue.

Just noticed I mispelled Grand Am up there. Do you really want a car that can be so easily morphed into grandma??  

Good luck

psylichon

Message 7/28             06-Oct-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

xoxos

import a smart car  

Message 8/28             06-Oct-02  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

milan

smartīs are bloody expensive. broke my heart when they came out... i thought they were gonna be cheap, but noooo.... mercedes benz had to jack up the prices from the start. bah! although later they admitted on public tv that they overpriced the car and fucked up.

Message 9/28             07-Oct-02  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

JX3P0

damn the skyline.Get the Lancer EVO.

Message 10/28             07-Oct-02  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

damballah

get a lime green gremlin with an underdash 8-track

Message 11/28             07-Oct-02  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Def Z

In my line of work, I see all sorts of cars. VW's have some build quality issues. I would tend to stay away from GM cars, and Ford hasn't been too good lately. When did those Cougars come out? If you are looking at a first model year, I'd stay the heck away from it. It usually takes 3-4 years for the manufacturors to iron out all the problems.

What kind of money are you trying to spend? Certainly there are better options out there. Better gas mileage, etc. American cars tend to be big engined gas guzzlers. A nice turbo 4 gets better gas mileage, in general.

Message 12/28             07-Oct-02  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

911 Turbo

Message 13/28             07-Oct-02  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

99devils

Those Cougars have the most uncomfortable seats on earth. My mother has one, my brother had one. They've been pretty reliable so far.

-Craig

Message 14/28             07-Oct-02  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

420 bhp

Message 15/28             07-Oct-02  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

d

q. what's the difference between porcupines
and porsches?

a. with porsches, the prick's are inside.

Message 16/28             07-Oct-02  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

99devils

I just saw a new turbo the other day. It's the strangest thing, this.. My father's been taking me to the eye doctor every week for six weeks or so now. Every week, we see some other rare or very expensive sports car. We've seen a Ferrari 348, a Testarossa, the 911 Turbo, a brand new M3, and a brand new 500SL over the last 5 weeks. Usually I wouldn't see that much automotive coolness in my town for a year.. Except for Vipers. For some reason, we've got like 8 of them around..

-Craig

Message 17/28             07-Oct-02  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

top speed 192 mph

Message 18/28             08-Oct-02  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

milan

oh shut up.

Message 19/28             08-Oct-02  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Def Z

Actually, I'm lusting after the Porsche GT2. But, like you all, I don't have 1/4 million dollars in the bank to buy a car.

Okay - so I'm reading Road & Track today, and they have an article on the new Mercedes SL55 - the AMG version. It's $125k. I'm thinking, if I had $125k to spend on a car, the last thing I would buy is a Mercedes. I'd opt for either a Porsche, or a Ferrari. What say you?

Message 20/28             08-Oct-02  @  05:19 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

psylichon

I can't believe you guys are so into cars. Where the hell are you going? Buy some damn gear and stay at home!

I drive a Ford POS and I'll probably buy another POS after this one. I'll spring on the stereo.

psylichon

Message 21/28             08-Oct-02  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

d'n'b_head

The Lancer is SO OVERRATED!! I test drove one and pratically leased one but it wasn't as good as it seems...sure it's fast but the interior is not comfortable at all...old style dials, boring dash, and lousy seats all add up unconfortable ride IMO...It is a quick ride though...but looks, comfort, extras, price, and styling it AIN'T!!! Just my 2 cents....

Message 22/28             08-Oct-02  @  08:43 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

cheddar

MAn I say like think of that motor with all that power and put it into a smaller frame - I mean really think about the BHP/kg ratio

So you want something that has lots of space but is smaller around town, for like finding a parking space - or even better something you can just fold up and put in a pocket would be wicked - eh

And then there's paying attention whilst driving - man some automatic guidance would be cool to - let me have the option for a few beers and still get home

And then there's consumption and the environment -well I suppose the European imports are cool and all but they just don't have the same noise/feel as a big engine going - so would have to be a big engine - well gas hasn't gone up in price for years and they say that the earth is full of the stuff so big engine is OK and well these catalytic converters are soooo good at removing the noxious stuff - the platinum aerosols - well we can do something about that and well these gas cars and electric cars just won't have the same ooomph and there are no filling stations and there just so much gas around.

SO big gas engine, large on the inside, no problem for parking, self guiding if could fold up into a pocket then ace

buy a bus pass you twats - your killing my childrens world

Message 23/28             08-Oct-02  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

0-60 in 4.2 seconds

Message 24/28             08-Oct-02  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

File?:  [image]

[image file]

'Okay - so I'm reading Road & Track today, and they have an article on the new Mercedes SL55 - the AMG version. It's $125k. I'm thinking, if I had $125k to spend on a car, the last thing I would buy is a Mercedes. I'd opt for either a Porsche, or a Ferrari. What say you? '

Why would anyone buy a mercedes?

Now this is my idea of a car..

2cv: 0-60 in 32.8 seconds!

Message 25/28             08-Oct-02  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

k

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 26/28             08-Oct-02  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

hahaha...

brilliant..

Message 27/28             08-Oct-02  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

milan

viennese license plates... hm... HEY! thats my car!

Message 28/28             19-Oct-02  @  06:05 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

JX3P0

I don't think the lancer is supposed to be
comfortable.On the porsce tip get a RuF BTR
air cooled and it costs less than the
GT2.Watercooling on a 911 yuck.Not the
same.Thefastest/wow factor ride i've seen is
that VW W 18 spyder w/ the plexi over the mid
engine.Too nice.Also as far as supercars go
the price was right.Superbikes is where it's at
though.poor man's performance
machines.You just can't beat scraping your
footpegs in a L to R chicane.Too damn
cool.Not to mention stoppies and
wheelies.Plus cars don't give that adrenalin
rush unless they're small like a Cossy Focus
or a works Hyundai.Although most hi
performance anything sucks if it's your daily
driver.

H

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)