aaa Prophet 2000 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Prophet 2000

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             08-Jan-03  @  12:35 PM   -   Prophet 2000

4AMOUR

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have recently aquired a prophet 2000, I purchased it on a whim because I've heard it rivaled the emu sp 1200. If anyone has any stories or applications for its use please respond.....I'm hoping to be able to integrate it in with a fully expanded asr 10 with scsi. I could also use a manual I hope to use it for that lo-fi 12 bit hip hop and house music sound. HOLLA

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             12-Jan-03  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Prophet 2000

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I think Wine Country still has manuals available.Excellent machine because of its digi/analog hybrid architecture.I just got mine back from a friend.You should be able to do alot w/o the manual since it is a matrix style interface.There's also a UK site devoted to the P2000.You'll have to do a search for it though.Memory expansion is hard to come by for it but as a lo-fi/warmth processor it can't be beat.I'm not sure if i'd compare it to the SP1200 because Emu used 8 bit w/ a data compression scheme to achieve 14 bit fidelity(or so they say).Anyhow the SP 1200 has a certain punch to it that you just don't find elsewhere.All in all though you could have mad a worse buy than a P2000.I hope it gives you hours of fun and 12 bit happiness.It's a great machine.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)