aaa delay when recording synth in sound - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: delay when recording synth in sound

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             12-May-03  @  09:49 AM   -   delay when recording synth in sound

mia860

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello im trying to record into my soundcard
with my juno 106 btw i use EMI 2/6 6.0 OSX))

and when I strike a key there is a delay effect
I'll sound a note and there is small echo I hear
2 notes instead of 1 sooo..hw can i solve this
problem??

thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             12-May-03  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: delay when recording synth in sound

Filthy McNasty

Link?:  No link

There are more clued up producers on DT than me but it could be:-

1. Sound Card Latency

or

2. That you're hearing the input signal aswell as the monitoring back signal.

Maybe?

Message 3/9             12-May-03  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: delay when recording synth in sound

k

Link?: Link

yup - depends how you've got it all wired up - how is your system wired up then?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9             12-May-03  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: delay when recording synth in sound

Steve Roughley

There are all sorts of things you can try to get the delay down to a workable amount. Try adjusting your sound card settings under your audio hardware screen (i.e. buffer settings, input delay etc).

Failing that, there is a nice workaround for this that I discovered when I got my first synth. Go to your MIDI settings (should be Under 'Options->Song Settings->Synchronisation Settings') and set the 'Delay all MIDI output' to a negative number until the delay goes away. Though this won't help for live playing, only the play back of recorded or programmed MIDI notes.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/9             12-May-03  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: delay when recording synth in sound

lsw

fukin hell the long way round!

right its simple to fix this.When recording make sure that the audio track you record onto is muted in the arrange and in the track mixer and thats it!  

FM was right about it you hearing the software monitor output as well as the orginal signal(thats what the "echoed" note is)

Message 6/9             12-May-03  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: delay when recording synth in sound

Steve Roughley

Oohh. I missed the bit about the echo. You could also try deactivating software monitoring.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 7/9             13-May-03  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: delay when recording synth in sound

lsw

ahem

Message 8/9             13-May-03  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: delay when recording synth in sound

k

mind you, he should be getting low enuff latency to not actualy hear the second return signal as a doubled note, but rather as a sort of flanging... surely? - anyways - seems like a rhetorical question as he hast re-appeared to answer any questions pertaining to the initial enquiry

Message 9/9             13-May-03  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: delay when recording synth in sound

lsw

yeh flangin is what it sounds like on my mac but im running a dual 867, he may be running something alot slower?maybe

They mostly get flanging.....mostly!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)