aaa sounds from argentina... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: sounds from argentina...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             19-Sep-04  @  12:29 AM   -   sounds from argentina...

premini

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all, this is my first post here.
I've upped 2 tracks and i want to hear some comments from the world outside my bedroom.
You can find the tunes here:
http://www.7161.com/~premini
Thanks in advance,

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             19-Sep-04  @  04:37 AM   -   RE: sounds from argentina...

mcc>

Link?: Link

i like all the melodic bits and pieces on top off......house your body....
but the foundation drum/bass/vocal sample just kill me.
the textures and licks you eventually add arere extremely rich...enough to provide some reward for enduring the 80's disco stuff.

however....i like the drum/bass much better for twisted man. i like the way you develop it....and include a different progression....further along (which btw...sounds like last look back> sort of...so i gotta like). it takes us away from that detroit techno-ish vibe you first establish.
the builds are nice and subtle....but maybe almost too sneaky.
perhaps just a final dose of this tasty madness which your material's hinting at.
nice stuff.

argentina, eh?
you guys aren't terrorists are you?
(you look like you might be.)

Message 3/9             19-Sep-04  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: sounds from argentina...

casparproject

Twisted Man:
Any urge to sync up the delay on that first bass tone? I'd either shorten the
feedback period or sync it up personally. Other aspects are good. I like how
you mess w the sounds at 2:38, and would like to hear more patch modification
like that earlier in the piece. It's a totally different vibe after that point. I wasn't
hooked into this one until that. Mind you, this is just one guy's opinion, but I'd
really like to hear more of your synthesist skillz and less of your sound-layering
skills.

House Your Body:
Very oldskool sound here. This track is very raw, and it needs more variety in
terms of the percussion (I'm not a big fan of big reverbs on snares though). It
does have a very cool late 80's groove to it.

Enough with the terrorist paranoia already. Apparently everyone's a terrorist if
it's in the USA, Britain and Australia's best interests for them to be so.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 4/9             19-Sep-04  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: sounds from argentina...

mcc>

i remain suspicious.

Message 5/9             21-Sep-04  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: sounds from argentina...

premini

Thank you guys, your reviews are very rich in concepts. I'll take note of the bass delay in TM, i'll sort the delay feedback and adjust the dleay time.
...and we're not terrorists ('till now ), sorry for dissapoint you.
Bye.

Message 6/9             22-Sep-04  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: sounds from argentina...

welder (aka. ragnarok)

Hey, wellcome! :-)

Can't listen now (left my cans home, damn   ), but I'll do it tomorrow!

Cheers,
Welder

The terrorist, terrorist..
terrorist terrorist...
tee ee, arr arr,
ooh arr, aye, ess, tee,
the terrorist terrorist....

Message 7/9             23-Sep-04  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: sounds from argentina...

welder (aka. ragnarok)

Twisted man.

Quite simple, but effective combination of sounds. The arrangement really flows, maybe a bit "dry" mixwise, but it has quite some cool surprises! And I guess this thing really shows its potential when played in a club. (Listening with headphones). I absolutely loved the train-horn-like lead sound. Superb!

House Your Body

:-) This one starts with a big (positive) smile, so oldschool, so "disco"... Not just great sense of humour, but again, it has the potential to move ppl on the floor. Maybe a bit low end is missing from the bass sound, and I could live with some open hihats in the background, but... yeah, vocal effects coming in around 2:45 are just awesome. Just like with the previous one, those "surprise sounds" really spice it up. Lead around 3:40 are soo cool, they're almost C64-sounding...

Good stuff!

Message 8/9             24-Sep-04  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: sounds from argentina...

urbicide

ok. good elements on twisted sounds. but I gotta depersonalize to get a feel. so....
shit, I dont have anything else to say, except... You got some good synth sounds.
I think you outta expand apon these sounds with a house approach and less
development. I dont know what I'm really talking about but it sounds right to my
ears.

the other track...

ok. good flow at the beginning but the sounds turn against themselves. It went a
little odd but the vocal kicked in and that sounds good... I dont have much words
of encouragement... But, HEY, you got some good key playing skills here....

Message 9/9             24-Sep-04  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: sounds from argentina...

premini

Hi i don't have any playing skills at all. But if you have a secuencer and 2 hours, you'll get something.
Bye, and thank you for your comments.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)