aaa So you know what really sucks? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: So you know what really sucks?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             22-Sep-05  @  11:24 PM   -   So you know what really sucks?

cary850

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Is when you work your ass off trying to produce your track to sound as good as possible and your stuck
uploading a low quality 128kbps .mp3 of it cause you only have a 10mb limit. I know its necessary cause
people wanna try and sabotage the site w/ huge files, but it sucks for the rest of us. I just uploaded a full
version of the track 'medicinetube' opposed to the 2 min clip that I had up there b4 and it sounds like total
shit...all blown out and just a total mess. Anways it's up if u wanna hear it, I'll have a High quality mixed
and mastered version of it up on www.edmdigital.com in October.

Cary & Mike (halidedream)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             23-Sep-05  @  04:31 AM   -   RE: So you know what really sucks?

:::::mcc>

Link?:  No link

definitely one of the nicest-sounding things i've heard this week.
somehow i missed your sis' vocals. i'm guessing she was transformed into one of the many layers of pad-like textures you've so tastefully graced this piece with.
the drums are crisp and fit nicely but could use a little gas occasionally.
much ground could be covered here that would really push the song along....essential anytime you embark on a 9+ minute journey.
it's nice to see you include mike halide in the credits this time since i never saw any mention for the other track(s) he was on.
it's good to see you guys collaborating again
since you sound good together....and quit hiding your sis.

Message 3/9             23-Sep-05  @  04:56 AM   -   RE: So you know what really sucks?

cary850

Link?:  Link

Hey MCC thank for ur kind words...actually Mike was only involved in this track...he wrote the
drums and 2 or 3 synths...I wrote 'halide' and 'tridal' long ago. I'm in the process of making a new
dancetech account for our new project (halidedream) I just have not finalized it as of it.

"and quit hiding your sis"

she gets a whole like 2 minutes of the song!!!! lol...j/k we are gonna do a remix and she is writing
lyrics for it (or so she says)...that was the plan at 1st but shes been slackin!! work, life, u know
the story...but I did mangage to get her to harmonize over a 2 track and it made for some fun
edits. Anyways always happy to get feedback....thanks!

Cary
height="314">

Message 4/9             23-Sep-05  @  06:11 AM   -   RE: So you know what really sucks?

mcc>

Link?:  No link

my mistake then.
for some reason i remember you saying you had a collaborator on those previous tracks that was no longer working with you.

then again i'm the guy who remembers to lose his visa card in the atm-machine 2 days ago and 14 hours later leaves his cell-phone on top of the car only to watch it fly away and get crushed by 3 cars.

Message 5/9             23-Sep-05  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: So you know what really sucks?

cary850

lol...ur thinkin of Pat. I used to have a track up here called "anywhere but here" but i took that
down a while ago.

Message 6/9             23-Sep-05  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: So you know what really sucks?

milan

Link?: Link

yay, a full version! very nice tune man, excellent flow and progression

it does however sound extremely squashed by limiting. is that what you mean by "low quality 128kbps mp3"? maybe you used a crap encoder or something, but the fault can easily be elsewhere (you using an ultramaximizer or something?)

anyhow, nice one. would love to hear more tunes like this!

big up!

Message 7/9             23-Sep-05  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: So you know what really sucks?

k

ok guys we're the listening bank, so.... you get this free cool CD of wicked choons!

no wait..... it's now a max filesize of 15mb

happy happy

go for it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/9             23-Sep-05  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: So you know what really sucks?

cary850

We can upload up to 15 mb files now? Are u for real? AWESOME!!!! Thanks!

Cary

Message 9/9             23-Sep-05  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: So you know what really sucks?

k

yup

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)