aaa Anyone heard CSound in action???????? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Anyone heard CSound in action????????

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             15-Jan-98  @  06:20 AM   -   Anyone heard CSound in action????????

cgifford

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello, yet again my arch nemesi..........
Alright, I've read that Richard D. James uses a program called CSound. I'm curious if anyone of you peoples can point this program out in one of his songs (or anyone elses, for that matter).
Do any of you guys program with it? If so, do you have to know music theory as well as C?

That should be enough for now.

Thanks,
Brad

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             16-Jan-98  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: Anyone heard CSound in action????????

foobar

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

CSound is originally an UNIX program for making all kinds of sounds, like FM, Formant Filter, Phase Vocoder, subtractive etc. Being UNIX-based it means you have to type in cryptic commands and hope for the best... but you don't have to learn C.
There is versions for almost every computer, and if there isn't one for yours then you can compile it for yourself. There is also some kind of graphic interface around and it responds to MIDI.

You can find some links at www.harmony-central.com/Computer/

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)