aaa EDIROL_SD-20 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: EDIROL_SD-20

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/2             07-Sep-06  @  09:04 AM   -   EDIROL_SD-20      [Link: EDIROL - SD-20]

vishal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing the Edirol SD-20 Sound Module for use with Jammer. Anyone has the SD-20 or used it before with products like Jammer. Is the sound quality really very good, like that of live instrument?

Secondly, how does the SD-20 compare with the earlier SC-55. Is the SD-20 much better?

Thanks.

Regards,
Vishal.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             07-Sep-06  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: EDIROL_SD-20

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

well it's a sound canvas, so basicaly it's a GM sound module... dunno if you're familiar with the Roland original Sound-canvas - Nowadays these sounds might still be relevent in terms of being required by GM protocol, but as sounds in themselves, they aren't very exciting.

It depends what music you want to make really, but this would provide 'bread & butter' sounds.

as far as this GM device and it sounding like a real live instrument?.. well, not really... as you'd expect from a synth,... some sounds can sound more real than others and how you programme the parts also makes for more or less 'realism'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)