aaa things to do while live - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: things to do while live

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  02:31 PM   -   things to do while live

formant

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

with your gear of course... no rockstar antics please!

here are some off the top of my head:

change out drumloops on the fly
filter up/down/whatever only your drums or only your instrumentation
do a lofi/filter/distortion effect on the last measure of 16 bars or 8 bars
actually play keys!!! (not me tho)
run up your delay feedback and then pull it back right at a change up

jamey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/34             19-Apr-02  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

xoxos

Link?: Link

*groooooaan*

Message 22/34             20-Apr-02  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: things to do while live

sox

Bass Solo?????

Orgy?????

Talk about taking it up the bottom.......

sox

Message 23/34             20-Apr-02  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

xoxos

*gaaaassspp*

Message 24/34             24-Apr-02  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

Mindspawn

...nose picking. You need to have a really good mic pre, and you gotta watch your feedback else things go all snotty... fuck me... Sitar is an evil influence...

Nox

Message 25/34             09-May-02  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

saturntheory

I'm a hide behind my gear kinda guy. Like that little punk from the pet shop boys. But my partner thinks he's a rock star so he balances it out for us. He wears those stupid all white contact lenses and body paints and shit... I couldn't do it to save my life but people dig him. We do live drumming on stage with djembe's and when I can get my crew together I work with a fire dancing troupe... That always knocks 'em out. Plus we get PAYED a lot more.

One thing I've been doing for a few months now is this: I hang a halogen projector from the ceiling above the stage pointed straight down on us, and run high intensity 3D graphix from it so that we're moving around in the projection. Honestly it's just another way for me to avoid being directly looked at while I'm working but it looks pretty cool too, I'm told. Stage shows prevent people from coming up and telling you how cool you are too. I know peole like to hear how cool they are, but it's a bitch when you're busy!!

errata

Message 26/34             09-May-02  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

Brett

Link?:  No link

be like BT and jump up and down. Then tilt the keyboard forward so the audience can see your talented fingures play off key and out of time.

Scott from Crystal Method was doing this first I think. I laughed my ass off when his keyboard fell off the stand and he couldn't reach it. The part he was playing kept playing without him....

the guy from Stabbing Westward has that keyboard stand that bends, and he rides on it. I think NIN has a cool keyboard stand that folds and moves all differant ways while he plays .

Message 27/34             09-May-02  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

errata

Hehehe... I saw Crystal method play a coupl'a years ago (I'm not a big fan!) but I was hanging out in back and watching from behind. Those guys were rolling around the gear and gettin' crazy, but it was CLEAR they weren't doing what I was hearing. They would be playing keys and turning knobs but the things they did didn't happen in the music!

CHEAP!

After the set I saw a rack with three DAT machines hooked up to a sequencer!!! That ain't live music, it's live acting!

errata

Message 28/34             09-May-02  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

influx

in their favor they do a lot more "live" now

hehe...stabbing westward...Walt...I just bought some gear from that guy. Nice fella.

Message 29/34             09-May-02  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

errata

Hey Influx,

I know I fell off the earth... Long time, eh. I also know I still owe you something!  

errata

Message 30/34             10-May-02  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: things to do while live

damballah

hey, I got one! exercise bladder control!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot