aaa Roland - emulate or innovate? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 03-May-02  @  11:49 PM   -   Roland - emulate or innovate?

panama

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ever since the Super Saw was created with the JP-800 - dance music has changed... Ever since the Grooveboxes were created... It's now a household name.

is Roland still the innovater?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 70/73             22-May-02  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Brett

Link?:  No link

sh-32 ? it's just like the other mc-505, mc-303. It's roland trying to cash in on somthing they got right 20 years ago without delivering the same level of quality. they make great Drum sets, and even guitar related products. The vs2480 looks powerful. It's the so called Groove stuff they throw together. It's designed and driven by the marketing guys, not the musicians and technitians. The old gear in the 80's was designed for pop and rock. the dance music functionality of it was just dumb luck. So now that they are making stuff specifically for dance, it doesn't have the same level of quality associated with it, and that is why Roland can go to hell. If the sh-32 has any of the atributes of the mc-boxes, I feel pitty on those foolish enough to purchase one.

Message 71/73             23-May-02  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

brentym

Link?: Link

"...let me guess pongoid, you're back in the states aren't you..."

that was funny.

try a new vanilla coke!

Message 72/73             23-May-02  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Pongoid

I did. They are disgusting. Yes I am.

Message 73/73             23-May-02  @  01:49 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

nothingnewhere

what? vanilla coke? sounds terrible.

i like old roland. except my srv-3030, which i also like. i guess its just the instruments that they make now that suck.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 73 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)