Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08
Category: Products / synth / new analog poly
Added: 02-Feb-08 | Author: admin
New price: 1,933.00 Euros - 1,440.00 GBP | S/H price: Not listed
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08The return of a legend or the beginning of a new era? The Prophet '08 is an eight-voice synthesizer with a 100% analog signal path. While the Prophet '08's overall sonic character will be familiar to anyone who knows Dave's work from the '70s and '80s, it is much more than just a vintage reissue with a few new bells and whistles. Of course, it includes features we now take for granted, like velocity and aftertouch. Add to that performance features like an arpeggiator, gated step sequencer, and the ability to split and layer sounds. The modulation possibilities are much deeper than anything Sequential ever produced, making it capable of producing sounds the "classics" simply could not. Dave has always said that he is only interested in moving forward. The Prophet '08 is the product of evolution, not nostalgia.
The forthcoming rack/tabletop version (can be rackmounted)
- Two analog oscillators per voice.
- Classic Curtis analog low-pass filters.
- Extensive modulation routing capabilities.
- Four-on-four splits and layers with separate stereo outputs for each layer.
- Arpeggiator, gated 16 x 4 step sequencer, and LFOs all syncable.
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 256 fully editable Programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 Layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program.
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync.
- White noise generator
- 1 Analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 4 LFOs
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
- Analog VCAs
Ins and Outs
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack.
Includes power supply for 110V – 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 400 mA) and operation manual.
For more information, download the operation manual (PDF, 616 kB).
Product Manuals or Files
More choices in this product category from other manufacturers:
Last added comment
Looking for the manual? - Check this page above under the heading: 'Product manual or files' - We might have it!
[back to top]
Total stars: 9 | Total votes: 2
Dave Smith Instruments