aaa Roland - emulate or innovate? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

Original Message 1/73             03-May-02  @  11:49 PM   -   Roland - emulate or innovate?

panama

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ever since the Super Saw was created with the JP-800 - dance music has changed... Ever since the Grooveboxes were created... It's now a household name.

is Roland still the innovater?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/73             04-May-02  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

steve

I think more important things have happened in the past few years than supersaws and grooveboxes to be alyou do have a point, although whether that has more to do with roland being a corporate giant and holding more sway than anyone else as opposed to any innovation on their part is a different question altogether.

god, I can talk some complete bollocks sometimes  

Message 3/73             04-May-02  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

steve

the wucking fanker that I am: "...and grooveboxes to be honest. although you do have a point...."

god knows how I managed that one, I definately typed it out.

Message 4/73             06-May-02  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Zink

Roland VP9000.

It's unique. I like it.

Message 5/73             06-May-02  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

proximus

Link?: Link

My father worked in a gear shack in the 80's and he told me that they had a machine which did what the VP9000 does..

my father could be wrong...

Message 6/73             06-May-02  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

sitarsong

I'm thinking that the new innovators are companies like Native Instruments. Time will tell what impact they have.

Message 7/73             06-May-02  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

influx

fuck roland.

Message 8/73             07-May-02  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Zink...

Oooohh!

Influx!

Did you discover that BT is a major Shareholder in Roland or summink???

;) <---Naughty, silly Michael.

I think software shows the most innovation. Actually that and the Neuron. Seen that Neuron??? It seems like a really cool concept, but they demo's I've heard are a little sucky. And it's expensive. Doesn't matter though, does it? Everything comes at a price.

Pro tools is innovative, isn't it?

Michael.

Message 9/73             07-May-02  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

influx

my dislike for roland has nothing to do with BT (altho it is for the same reasons which I have no intention of laying down once again because all you commercial fucks will just poke fun at me so ptooey)

oh...Jupiter6/8..>SICK<

Message 10/73             07-May-02  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

damballah

gosh, I don't think I have enough brain cells left to ponder such a weighty issue, panama. I do know they haven't made anything I thought I really had to have since a decade that started with an 8. hock-tooey.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

There are 73 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)