aaa Radium Cubase - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Radium Cubase

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/32             30-Mar-99  @  05:49 AM   -   Radium Cubase

shado

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I have many friends that use radium and reckon it's heaps faster than the registered version. Something to do with searching out all the copy protect stuff. Living next to asia there are always musos going over to play the clubs there and the amount of cracked software available is phenominal. it seems that radium is the king of crackers. There was a guy here that had a registerd version that never worked then used radium and it seems to run faster. Any comments.Dale. ps plz no morality shit

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/32             30-Mar-99  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

RawBeats

Link?:  No link

The new radium version of VST/24 is faster because it doesn't go a turn by the dongle i.e file loading and stuff like that is faster. That's how it is....

Message 3/32             31-Mar-99  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

radium rulez....god bless the team

Message 4/32             08-Apr-99  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

hajee

Yeah right, and if everybody would be using illigal copies instead of honoustly buying their stuff, how many new versions of you software would you be getting then? I just use my 50$ copy of cubasis audio lite without all the fancy stuff and still have lotsa fun.

People like you keep proces high and slow down development, and don't even try to deny it, you know I am right about this one!

BITCHES!

Message 5/32             08-Apr-99  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

Nexus

Does your dad work for Stienberg?
Corporate greed is insatiable. Don't believe the lies they tell you about how prices would remain lower if everyone where honest. Theres always been a black market and there always will be a black market, it's signs of a healthy capitalist system. Without it you would live in an even more corprate dominated world than you do now.

Message 6/32             08-Apr-99  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

shado

I said no moralty shit fuckwit! Can't you read.

Message 7/32             08-Apr-99  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

kilo

Link?: Link

er... if the REAL VST version NEVER WORKED - how could he possibley compare the speed with the Radium version ?... sounds like a crock to me...absolute toffe....

i have to agree that radium are very professional - but really, having a registered version (once you try things out properly) entitles you to updates (i cant say tech-support for steinberg cos that'd be a total myth !!)....so sure radium are ok to really evaluate a soft... but it's way better to buy it... after all - 300 for most of the top-end soft's is pretty good when you consider what it gets you

and shado, you gotta expect posts like the above when this subject is breached

Message 8/32             09-Apr-99  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

hajee

Well, let me put it this way. If you'd ever be a real (professional) tallented musician, I guess you're not cos otherwise you'd have develloped some form of labour-ethics along with you talent. Anyway, if you were a musician and made this great album, how would YOU feel if people like yourself would just copy your stuff instead of buying it like they should? Darn pissed off, because you just got nicked!
As for the argument of corporate greed, the people that actually WORK at Steinberg (programmers, designers etc) are as far as you and I know honest harworking people that deserve rewards for their hard labour, the same goes for the company itself. And you know they DESERVE their cash cos otherwise you'd not be trying to get that cracked copy of CUBASE so hard. And if stuff is too expensive then buy cheaper stuff from the competition or get a (Better) Job so you can afford it. I mean you don't go and steal a ferrari because you think they should be cheaper than they are or because you think their service sucks, right? No, you buy whatever you can afford and wish to have. And by buying stuff from the competion (or nothing at all) you 'force' Steinberg or any other company to make stuff cheaper, give better service etc. THAT's capitalism, what you want and do is some form of a-social anarchy and has nothing to do with healthy capitalism at all. It is sickening and certainly not something to praise, those talented people at radium should devote their time writing cool software like hammerhead or rubberduck or something instead of ripping other peoples work.

And by the way, my dad was an artist during his lifetime and people bought his work just because they liked it and could afford it.

Keep Groovin'

Message 9/32             09-Apr-99  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

hajee

If those Radium dudes did 'just' imrove the software, why wouldn't they make a patch for registered versions instead of a crack??

Message 10/32             11-Apr-99  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

shado

Apparantly the deal with the Radium version, is that it works faster by not having to keep searching for the dongle. I know a guy here that had a registered version that kept crashing, then he ditched the dongle and it worked. Anyway it's all irrelivant coz I'll be going for Logic or Cakewalk. Dale

Message 11/32             13-Apr-99  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

robman2000

It's like the guy who wrote XGEDIT Gregson. He must have slaved for hours over that software to make Yamaha user's life easier. And he only wants £25!!! But still people post the crack code etc.... not sure whether "Corporate greed is insatiable" applies to him really....

Rob

Message 12/32             14-Apr-99  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

captain_ash

why would anyone bother with radium if charlie steinberger priced his products at sensible prices!

Message 13/32             14-Apr-99  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

hajee

BEcause its PRO stuff it cost al lot to make this kinda software and if the price is too steep for you buy a cheap sequencer. I bought my copy of cubasic audio lit for $50 or so.. legally athey even gave me free samples and some other nice little software. If you can't afford PRO software you obsiously aren't pro so buy the cheap 'home' stuff. It's really simple.

Message 14/32             14-Apr-99  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

robman2000

I agree with Hajee. I'm a software developer and it costs a lot to develop a proper full-blown professional package that attempts (!) to work with all different hardware. When you compare the price of Cubase to professional software in other areas (like CAD, Photoshop, Quark, Sybase, Oracle) it's a bargain. Cubase is not designed to be used in Crack version by musical pretenders - it's used by real pro's - I just watched the Metalheadz video (Talkin Headz) and Cubase pops up in just about every studio shot.

Regards,
Rob.

Message 15/32             15-Apr-99  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

hajee

Kilo, I know you might disagree, but isn't there a way to keep
crackers from this page.. I mean this is a music page nog a page for freeloaders, right. It's people like this that 'force' companies like Steinberg to use a dongle protection on their software, cause' that's the only reason it's there (illigal copying).

Keep Groovin' (even on your cheap synth + cheap software!)

Bastiaan

Kilo: isn't there a way to force people to use an emailadress (so you can always anonimously read the chatboxes but need to fill in you name and email to post a reply etc.? this would keep a out a lot of pretenders/crackers, verbal abusers etc....

Message 16/32             15-Apr-99  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

RawBeats

I will continue use cracked software until I get some money for my music. I can barely afford hardware... How am I supposed to afford expensive software??? I will pay for the software when I get paid and can bulid a real project studio.

Peace!

Message 17/32             15-Apr-99  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

robman2000

Rawbeats said "I will pay for the software when I get paid and can build a real project studio"

Yeah and i'll keep nicking cars until i've got enough money to buy a nice new one for myself.

;-)

Double-peace.

Robman.

Message 18/32             19-Apr-99  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

Kelaperse

Yeah.. why don't you buy software and steal hardware until you get some money?

Message 19/32             19-Apr-99  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

shado

Well this thread was started as a hope to discover the advantages of radium as oposed to the registered version of cubase regarding the fact that the registered version uses a dongle which slows up the puter. Instead it has opened up the forum for morality focused ppl to vent their opinion on life the universe and every thing. This only proves that my tight network of friends here in Australia shits all over you fuckwits that happen to read this list. This is not related to kilo who over the last year has been nothing but very helpfull and I very much like his site. I play guitar in a band 5 nights a week and have done so since 1985. We are booked up to 2000 so that idiot hagee can go an fuck himself. Dale

Message 20/32             21-Apr-99  @  06:38 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

kilo

well.... i can't agree... cos after all, we don't want o end up in that sorta loony situation like with drugs, where you can't even discuss it rationally... obviously stienberg DON'T add the dongle to protect thier s/w, cos it simply does NOT protect it.... end of story... and they have know that for many years since the old atari versions.... i also cannot agree about that comparison with s/w's like photoshop etc... photoshop is about the same price as vst... but.. you can 1000% know that photoshop/adobe would never get away with releasing a s/w with so high a failure rate when set up on clients machines.....

i do agree about stuff like Gregsons X-edit... but then he programmes stuff for the ministry of defense as a job, so i doubt he's short of a bob or two... but still, that is sad....

this whole subject needs to be looked at in a detatched way (like most things in life)... i dunno if there is an answer really... human nature dictates that even if the s/w is 5 dollars, people will still go for the free one if they can... humans are essentially greedy and devious as their primary characteristics... but, as the basis of the capitalist world you talk about is simply ripping people off, IF at all possible... then it's all part of the game really is it not ??.... I truely beleive that companies loose very little sales with cracked s/w..... i truely believe that anyone who can afford it.. does buy the real thing... the crack users wouldn't buy it anyway if there was no crack available.... i beleive that...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)