aaa Radium Cubase - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Radium Cubase

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 30-Mar-99  @  05:49 AM   -   Radium Cubase

shado

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I have many friends that use radium and reckon it's heaps faster than the registered version. Something to do with searching out all the copy protect stuff. Living next to asia there are always musos going over to play the clubs there and the amount of cracked software available is phenominal. it seems that radium is the king of crackers. There was a guy here that had a registerd version that never worked then used radium and it seems to run faster. Any comments.Dale. ps plz no morality shit

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/32             22-Apr-99  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

future01

Link?:  No link

Cubase faster without the dongle....I think NOT!
All registered owners, you can remove the cubase dongle once the application is running! It doesn't poll the dongle continuously...what on Earth are you guys on about.

Message 22/32             22-Apr-99  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

shado

Yes here is the rub! I suspect your troubles kilo are related to your soundcard, NOT cubase. I hear about many PC nightmares related to turtle beach cards. I spent 3 months at least searching for info re. pinnacle and the ews64xl, and I got nothing but negative feedback on the Pinnacle. Basically related to the driverss, but also re. the instrument editor. Funilly enough I will still be sticking to Mastertracks cause I know it like my Strat, and my sequencers are as good , if not better than Tran Tracks, which, in my humble opinion, are the best on the net at the mo. I'm fucking painfully slow though. Cubase looks like crap to me but every mate of mine on PC who uses it , has no problems. Some are Radiums, and some are registered users. Still, I'm sticking to crappy Mastertracks coz I still think it has the best system. One day I'll make a decision re the big 3.. Dale

Message 23/32             25-Apr-99  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

kilo

yeah but Turtle released the v4 active-x drivers and it is ok now...(and there is a new editor out for the Pinnacle) i'm not saying here about any card troubles with vst...... vst can be fine, and if it works for you, fine.....

Message 24/32             26-Apr-99  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

shado

The shit hot editor for Pinnacle used to be Everest, which was by a third party guy. Is that the editor you speak of? That was another thing that I thought was a little crappy about turtle beach. The best editor being made by someone other than them. At least with Terratec, as slow as they are, they still keep improving their software. That Pinnacle is meant to have the best s/n compared to the rest of the synth/sample cards though. Dale

Message 25/32             28-Apr-99  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

wererich

Remove the dongle while running? How do you do that? I'm registered, both as a cubase owner and an idiot...

Message 26/32             29-Apr-99  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

Al

I recently found an interview with Sandor from Radium, done last summer (no, i'm not gonna post a URL). It's pretty interesting to hear his point of view....They are actually in communication with some software companies, and say that they would stop if ppl stopped buying a product cause they could get one of Radiums releases. They also take the attitude that it's fine to use warez to test a product before buying, but not really for long-term use. Also, they say that they haven't had much troublefrom S/W companies or other agencies trying to shut them down....I don't think Steinberg are really losing sleep (or much money) over it.

Message 27/32             08-May-99  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

delta9thc

robman, you are just an asshole and a sucker, if you have money, don't bother peoples that dad's didn't give money all the way, like you. I'm a composer an di use cracks for as long as i did music cause the softs are so fucking damn expensive for what they did(and they are keep saying it is PRO) fuck ma, it not your problem if i like to use cracks so i can eat

Message 28/32             09-May-99  @  06:21 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

laserfashion

do not panic, do not panic. we are trained professionels.

Message 29/32             09-May-99  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

kilo

Link?: Link

heh he - well.... all in all whatever you say about soundcards - i get thousands of mails & know lots of users who use vst - and again, using adobe Photoshop as a PROFESSIONAL comparison - adobe s/w doesnt fuck up cos you are using a certain graphics card etc... what a load of old bollox to even suggest that.... a s/w should work when released... and as a fact - the other s/w's dont have all this card-incompatibility problems - try telling all this to may mate who waited for 2 fucking years to get his cubase system working - it was so bad, charlie steinberg himself even phoned him up....(cos he knew him from the music biz....)

having said all that - the later version seem to be getting better reliability - but whatever you say - this is DANCETECH - and we dance people require ABSOLUTELY ROCK-SOLID CLOCK TIMING....

Message 30/32             12-May-99  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Radium Cubase

kilo

.... so it seems most of these problems emminate from users utilising an older crack versions.... hmmm..... well guys - if you really love vst that much - buy the fucking thing and get a proper latest version or stop wining.... certainly the timing is better on later versions, and less card problems.... in the example of my mate above , once he got into a later version his problems ceased - now he has 24 tracks on a P2 with udma - the only prob is that during a session the vst looses the Gina now and again, and he has to close & re-start vst to find the gina again... that is all, apart from that it works ok....

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)