Alesis Monitor 1 mkII
Category: Products / studio-gear + dj / speakers
Added: 21-Sep-01 | Author: admin
New price: $249 - £200 quid | S/H price: £150 ish
Alesis Monitor 1 mkIIThe Alesis Monitor_1 was a great product, and now there is the mkII version... wether it's as good i dunno cos i didn't try them, or rather compare them in the same environment as that i am used to hearing the Mk1's... but they seem to be as good judging by opinion... anyways, one for the listings you should look at, and they are well priced too.
With such a successful platform to build on, Alesis’ engineers wisely settled for incremental improvements designed to coax even better performance from our monitors.
They started with a new 6.5” polypropylene low-frequency driver for tighter, more accurate bass response. Then matched it with a newly redesigned, 1” pure silk-dome, high-frequency transducer for even smoother, more accurate detail and response, and a broader sound stage.
They improved the overall frequency response (changing from 45 Hz – 18 kHz, to 45 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 3 dB) and coupled it with more efficient power handling. They also provided magnetic shielding to allow use in close proximity to video and computer monitors.
Apparently the cabinet redesign is also improved, Alesis says of this:
But more than just cosmetic improvements, the new Monitor One also features radiused edges for reduced edge diffraction, along with improved porting – thanks to the next–generation of our exclusive SuperPort venting technology – to eliminate the “choking” effect of smaller, shorter ports. The result is a low-frequency response which extends well below comparable near field monitors.
It all adds up to a spectacular next-generation of a popular standard - the new state-of-the-art in affordable, high-quality studio monitors.
- Drivers: Magnetically shielded, 6.5" low frequency drivers with a mineral filled polypropylene cone and a damped linear rubber surround; magnetically shielded, 1" silk-dome tweeter
- Crossover: 2 kHz, 2nd-order fillers, (12dB per octave)
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 3dB
- Power Handling: 120 watts program, 200 watts peak (using EI4-426A method)
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 88 dB SPL @ 1 watt and 1 meter on axis
- Construction: Front baffle: powder coating on 1” MDF. Cabinet: Vinyl laminate on 5/8” MDF
- Connectors: 5-way binding posts on 0.75" centers - can accept heavy-gauge speaker wire, banana plugs, spade plugs
- Dimensions: 8.5"W x15"H x10"D
- Weight: 15 lbs each.
well... if you used them feel free to add your comments please.... definately a speaker to shortlist for audition anyways.
Product Manuals or Files
More choices in this product category from other manufacturers:
User CommentsTHERE ARE NO COMMENTS POSTED FOR THIS PRODUCT
Be first to add a comment - what's the product like in real life?...
Looking for the manual? - Check this page above under the heading: 'Product manual or files' - We might have it!
[back to top]
Total stars: 9 | Total votes: 3