Added: 06-Jan-99 | Author: admin
New price: € 1120.00 | S/H price: Not listed
Akai S3000XLDunno much about these units, and they are no longer top of the range, so with the s2000 biting at it's heels spec' wise, the 3000 model's should drop a bit in price maybe...
spec-wise they are similar to the S2000, same polyphony, and ram, but coming in with 8 poly outs & mix-out as standard, bigger, way-bigger more comprehensive edit screen,
The spec's are the standard S-Series features.......
- 32 voice polyphony
- Digital resonant filters
- Assignable Program Modulation (APM), for flexible sound control
- Powerful DSP features including Timestretch
- New MultiMode for easy multitimbral setup and layering, setting sounds to channels was a bit of a pain in previous S series
- MESA Remote Control/Librarian Software for Macintosh and now pc... reports are it's a bit ropey...
- RAM expansion (up to 32MB) with standard SIMMs
- Standard MIDI File player
- Compatibility with E-mu and Roland sound libraries
Like I said... pretty much the same as the S2000, (that's why they are great value)..... here's the same upgrade options......
- EB16, (SampleVerb in the US), 4-channel, studio-quality, multi-effects board
- IB304F, (ProFilter in the US), DSP board for expanded filtering + EQ
- Up to 16MB of non-volatile Flash Memory
- SHD524 - 524MB hard disk
- FMX008 - 8MB Flash ROM board
The S3000XL model add's the following to the basic S features..............
- S/PDIF digital I/O
- Direct-to-disk recording.... you can add a scsi hard-drive and record striaght thru the S into the drive and cue the playback..... production tool stuff......
- Stereo Mix + 8 individual outputs
And these are the spec's for the internals.....
Sampling System: 16 bit linear
Sampling Rates: 44.1kHz (20Hz~20kHz range); 22.05 kHz (20Hz~10kHz range)
20.80 seconds (mono/44.1kHz)
10.40 seconds (stereo/44.1kHz)
41.60 seconds (mono/22.05kHz)
20.80 seconds (stereo/22.05kHz)
Standard Memory: 2MB
Polyphony: 32 voices
Maximum Sample Number: 255
Maximum Program Number: 254
Filter: Digital dynamic low-pass filter (-12dB/octave with resonance)
Envelope Generators: 2 (1 multi-stage)
APM Functions: Provided
Hard Disk Recording: Provided
2nd LSI: IB-304F (optional)
Multi Effects: EB16 (optional)
Display: Back lit 40 characters x 8 lines (text); 240 x 640 graphics
External Storage Devices: 3.5" 2HD/2DD Floppy Disk; 524MB 2.5" Hard Disk (optional)
Standard Inputs: 1/4" phone jack balanced x 2
Standard Outputs: 1/4" phone jack balanced x 2
Assignable Independent Outputs: 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced) x 8
Digital input: RCA input x 1
Digital Output: RCA input x 1
Headphone: 1/4" stereo phone jack x 1
MIDI: DIN 5P In x 1, Out x 1, Thru x 1
SCSI Interface: Provided
Power Requirements: 120VAC 60Hz 45W, 220~230/240VAC 50Hz
Dimensions: 483mm W x 88.1mm H x432mm D (EIA 2U size)
Accessories: AC power cable, operators manual, MESA disk x 1, Demo Sequence disk x 1, Sound disk x 2
Hmmm.... it'll be interesting to see what happens to these secondhand now that A3000's are coming in new at 850 in the UK....... comments please....
Product Manuals or Files
More choices in this product category from other manufacturers:
Last added comment
Looking for the manual? - Check this page above under the heading: 'Product manual or files' - We might have it!
[back to top]
Total stars: 49 | Total votes: 12