Added: 06-Jan-99 | Author: admin
New price: discontinued | S/H price: ??....1000-1200 ish....?
Akai S3200XLThe S32000XL was Akai's top-end model a short while back, and it's a setup variation aimed at production & audio/TV industry, coming as it does with a host of production features that'd allow you to create & edit a soundtrack without any extra's if you added a video unit with a burnt on audio smpte code...... ...
The spec's are the standard S-Series features.......
- 32 voice polyphony
- Digital resonant filters
- Assignable Program Modulation (APM), for flexible sound control
- Powerful DSP features including Timestretch
- New MultiMode for easy multitimbral setup and layering, setting sounds to channels was a bit of a pain in previous S series
- MESA Remote Control/Librarian Software for Macintosh and now pc... reports are it's a bit ropey...
- RAM expansion (up to 32MB) with standard SIMMs
- Standard MIDI File player
- Compatibility with E-mu and Roland sound libraries
So...... the standard S series specs, but with balanced L & R XLR in & out sockets, instead of 1/4 inch jacks to augment the 8 poly outs on 1/4 inch included on the 32000XL.... and it also has these extra's.....
- 16MB RAM standard
- AES/EBU digital I/O standard
- SMPTE reader/generator standard with QList sequencing capability
- EB16, (SampleVerb in the US), 4-channel, studio-quality, multi-effects board standard
- IB304F (ProFilter in the US) DSP board for expanded filtering + EQ standard
- Direct-to-disk recording
- Optional internal Magneto/Optical drive
so as you can see..... the basic spec's, but with more standard ram included, and timecode reading, hard drive, effects and the extra filters included as well as hard-core audio connectors....... put one of these with the CD version, and you've a total production editing & audio production system in an 8 unit rack........ that was the idea..... excellent sampler.....comments please....
Product Manuals or Files
More choices in this product category from other manufacturers:
Last added comment
Looking for the manual? - Check this page above under the heading: 'Product manual or files' - We might have it!
[back to top]
Total stars: 34 | Total votes: 8